Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

U.S. Membership Rewards to British Airways transfer bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.S. Membership Rewards to British Airways transfer bonus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:27 pm

5K bonus

Anyone received their 5K bonus miles yet? Made my MR transfer a week ago, showed up on the BA side fast but nothing so far on the bonus.

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:36 am

Pardon my earlier question - looks like bonus miles will be awarded by February 28th.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Hi Bekles (post 41)

Did Beth from AMEX ever answer your question? I wondered the same thing and the T&C's are just too vague regarding situations like that.

Beth, do you think you could find out for us? An official word from you would be better than calling in and getting agents who make up their own rules.

1. Specifically transfers from 2 different MR accounts to one BA account and
2. Specifically transfers from 1 MR account to two different BA accounts.

How would the bonus(es) be given out?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:49 pm
Company Representative - Amex

Hi everyone. I apologize for the delay in responding.

Beckles,

That is correct, because you are both Cardmembers, you will both receive the bonus points.

jdl,

To transfer your Membership Rewards points to your frequent flyer account, please visit:
membershiprewards.com.
In order for you to transfer points your frequent flyer account must be linked to your Membership Rewards account. You can link your Additional Cardholders frequent flyer accounts to your Membership Account as well. Linkage can be completed online. If you encounter any difficulties or need assistance, please contact our Membership Rewards Department directly at 1- 800-297-3276, Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. or Saturday – Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m. EST
stimpy,

This offer is available only to American Express Membership Rewards program members residing in the U.S. who are members of and have a British Airways Executive Club account with a registered US address.

mrkymark,

Transfers from two different MR accounts to one BA account is fine as long as the two MR accounts are different Cardmembers and the BA account is a Household account. The offer states “One bonus per Cardmember”, therefore an individual with multiple MR accounts would not qualify for more than one bonus when transferring points to the same BA account.

In order to transfer points from one MR account to two different BA accounts, the person with the second BA account must be listed as an Additional Cardholder on the MR account.

Beth
Amex Customer Care
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:41 pm

Problem linking accounts

I have been trying for over one month to link my MR account to my BA account. The problem is that my BA account name consists of my first, middle and last name whereas my MR account is only my first and last name. Consequently the MR system won't allow the link. I called BA and they said they cannot remove my middle name. I have called and e-mailed MR numerous times but no one seems to know a solution. Time is running out to get the 5000 mile bonus. Beth , any help would be greatly appreciated .
Old Jan 30, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, US CP
To reask the question, has anyone received these bonus miles yet? I only bring it up because I want to use BA miles on AA for a trip from LAX-JFK 2/18-2/22. I just transferred 5,000 fewer miles than I needed and they posted immediately, but if they aren't going to reward the bonus miles until 2/28, then I will probably going to need to bite the bullet and transfer the extra miles now.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I x-fered on the first day and so far nada for bonus. 2/28 it is, I would guess.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:25 am

I would transfer today the miles you need and not hope and wait. The next day after you transfer your bonus miles will appear.
Old Jan 31, 2010, 10:04 pm

The site was down tonight when I tried to transfer to get the bonus. I called in and they said to call MR tomorrow. I ended up making the transfer at 12:00-12:01AM EST - wonder if they'll still give me the bonus?

I'm interested to see... hopefully they'll still offer it until it's after Jan 31 everywhere!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Signed on today and the 5,000 miles just posted. I love something for nothing!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Yup, mine are there, too. Thanks AMEX!
Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I got my 5K and my wife got hers. So that's 10K in our household account.

Data point: both transfers were from the same Amex MemRewards account.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: Amex Plat, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold
Mine are available as well. Great promo.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 2:51 pm

I haven't checked, but my transfer showed as Jan 31 even though I think I was a couple of minutes into Feb 1 local time when it went through.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 5:48 pm
Company Representative - Amex

Originally Posted by BakerStreet
I have been trying for over one month to link my MR account to my BA account. The problem is that my BA account name consists of my first, middle and last name whereas my MR account is only my first and last name. Consequently the MR system won't allow the link. I called BA and they said they cannot remove my middle name. I have called and e-mailed MR numerous times but no one seems to know a solution. Time is running out to get the 5000 mile bonus. Beth , any help would be greatly appreciated .

We are aware there is a problem linking British Airways Executive Club accounts to your Membership Rewards account and are working to correct the issue. As soon as we receive an update we will communicate the information to you.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience while we work to get this matter resolved.

Beth
Amex Customer Care

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.