Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: LAA 777-200ER / "777" Best Business Class (NGBC) / J seat (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: LAA 777-200ER / "777" Best Business Class (NGBC) / J seat (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2009, 9:34 pm

Programs: United Milage Plus, Sky Team
Whats the best seat if you want a great view? I currently have 10A on AA292 and 9J on 293.
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:27 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by Storm9
Whats the best seat if you want a great view? I currently have 10A on AA292 and 9J on 293.
10A is fine ORD-DEL, and you may get to see some of Russia in between departing at night and arriving at night. For the return DEL-ORD, you probably won't see anything but darkness the entire flight as the sun doesn't quite "catch up".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Although there is some route-specific info in this thread, above post included, the majority of it applies to any 777 flight, and the recent ORD-DEL and ORD-PVG threads have now been merged.

/Moderator
Old Apr 28, 2009, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL Plat, MR Plat, UA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Storm9
Any recs on seats in J or side of the plane for flights from MIA or DFW to EZE?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (2.2mm), SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
10G but if my powercord came out of the right side of my computer, I would take 10D. I dont like it when it crosses over the table.
but lets dont be too particular.
Old May 1, 2009, 9:29 am
Original Poster

are there any disadvantages to the last row 13 exc for possible noise from economy?
Old May 1, 2009, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lax747
are there any disadvantages to the last row 13 exc for possible noise from economy?
Meal preference is taken last on even numbered flights (remember FEBO). Other than that, I don't mind the last row. BOSE + foam earplugs and I don't hear any noise when I'm trying to sleep.
Old May 1, 2009, 12:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by kg07
On a recent TATL flight in 9(g), I noted that of the five other pax in the bulkhead row, three of them had small bags in the floorwell which they were not required to move for takeoff or landing. I had my own small bag (with cd player, magazines, etc.) on the empty middle seat next to me, which I also was not asked to move.

FYI, although seatguru said that (9)g) was only so-so, I liked the seat due to easy proximity to restroom and first service (FEBO was followed). Only negative was the AVOD screen was terrible (poor backlighting and resolution).
1. other discussion on FT have pointed out that the "no items in front of you" is often not enforced for NGBC seats, plus it apparently doesn't apply to A or K seats on 777 or A/J on 767.

2. the AVOD is awful in every seat on 777s.
Old May 2, 2009, 12:41 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8820/4.5.0.110 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Agree re: row 9. I've never found it to be too bad. Since there are two lavs right there, people don't really congregate into the aisles next to you. Plus, I've never noticed any smell from the J lavs.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood/Marriott Gold, AA, DL
I just picked 9 H/J LAX-NRT-LAX, it looks like the right side is staggered with the row next to it rather than alligned as is on the other side. Also at what point/row does the wing restrict the view? Any suggestions?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by dstan
So that's what it means! I do the same thing! Accordingly, our rear ends must be similarly sized and shaped.
Too bad Row2Aisle and DStan have the same body habitus as I, as I had thought that it was my shape that was embedded in 10B and 12B.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:19 pm

Programs: back to AA PLT, 1.6+MM
I prefer the G seats, since iwth the lavs on the left I figure anyone sitting in the middle seat will be more inclined to exit on the left side. Due to FEBO, I prefer 10G on EB and 13G on WB.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: Primary: AA & Marriott; Also Hilton, JetBlue and United
Boeing 772 in J: A/J or D/G?

I'm on AA136 in early March, LAX to LHR. J-Class ticket. I chose 9J, since all the B and H seats (except first and last row) are taken.

Questions:
1) Should I take a D/G seat over a window (A/J) seat?
2) Is 9B bad? (SeatGuru and SeatExpert say stay away)
3) Same with 13B and 13H. SeatGuru/Expert say to stay away)

I prefer an aisle, so I can get up when I please. But maybe the window will be quieter / darker for sleeping? Thoughts?

(And yes, I did a search!!)

Thank you!
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
If sleeping is your primary concern, take a window. If you're concerned about being able to walk around without disturbing someone else, take an aisle.

You decide - it's your flight.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 206013671
(And yes, I did a search!!)
Where were you searching? A search of this forum using {"777" seat} threw up the consolidated thread
and many others right away
Old Jan 23, 2010, 8:54 pm

Programs: Primary: AA & Marriott; Also Hilton, JetBlue and United
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Where were you searching? A search of this forum using {"777" seat} threw up the consolidated thread
and many others right away
Thanks for the reply. Clearly your search skills are better than mine. That link didn't come up in my search results, so thanks, search expert!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.