Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport Terminal B Gate B30 Admirals Club will close ~January 2019 with the consolidation of flight related services to a single low B gates area and reopened B4 Club.

Link to BOS information on aa.com.

Link to BOS web site

Location: The BOS - Boston Logan International Airport Admirals Club B30 is "Terminal B, upper level past security by gate B30." (aa.com)

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers
  • Children's room
  • Conference Rooms
For photos of the refurbished BOS B30 AC, see dugknight's Post #58 and AAerSTL's Post #64.

Print Wikipost

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2009, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by whirledtraveler
BOS needs a good AC because the rest of the airport is a disaster. It comes a close second to MIA on the domestic front.
Explain disaster?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36
The good news is that the restrooms in the former FL are very, very nice, and clearly much newer. I didn't try the showers, but I suspect they are quite nice as well.
Even though you did not try the showers, were they available for members to use?
Old Apr 13, 2009, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Wirelessly posted (Apple iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Originally Posted by headinclouds
The good news is that the restrooms in the former FL are very, very nice, and clearly much newer. I didn't try the showers, but I suspect they are quite nice as well.
Even though you did not try the showers, were they available for members to use?
Yes, the showers seemed available. They are in the old FL across from the restrooms, not in the blocked-off construction area.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat, AC, DL Plat, Amtrk SE, AmEx Plat, Bonvoy Plat (via SPG), HH Gold, Accor Plat, WOH Dis
I have not flown AA in a bit...does anyone have an update how these Admirals Club renovation in BOS are going?
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BosTravel
I have not flown AA in a bit...does anyone have an update how these Admirals Club renovation in BOS are going?
Still going. Not even 1/2 done yet. Club is about 1/2 size while it is goiung on.
So get's crowded late afternoon with the International to LHR and CDG + the trans cons.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
I will say, though, that despite a MX delay, the ground staff were nothing but kind and friendly. From FTer reports on this forum, I was expecting terrible, surly, rude GAs, but the reality was the exact opposite.
Other than the AE gates (which my wife and I call the "suck" gates), I've had nothing but good experiences with the GA and lounge Aangels.

Given the capital environment, my guess is that finishing the refurbishment is low on AA's list of priorities.

Mike
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:17 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
And just a reminder for folks - when they hit their next "phase," which is currently scheduled for August/September, the 2 showers will NOT be available.

The AAngels didn't really know the exact date/week they would be out of service...just depends on how quickly (or slowly) the progress is.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 2:48 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef

Given the capital environment, my guess is that finishing the refurbishment is low on AA's list of priorities.

Mike
It's not like AA will stop the refurb at this point. Given the condition of the space there is no turning back.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by HNL
It's not like AA will stop the refurb at this point. Given the condition of the space there is no turning back.
Agreed. But if it comes down to sooner or later, I'll bet on "later."

Mike
Old Jul 24, 2009, 7:55 am

Programs: AA PLT/2MM, UA, Marriott PLT, Starwood
It sounds like they are just reconfiguring the space and not significantly adding to it. Too bad, because the ladies restroom, while it is in decent condition, could really use expansion to more than the two stalls. Overall, staff was friendly most of the time (not all), and the Club was crowded more times than not. Additional seating will be a help.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, DL Plat
Was here yesterday at 4pm. Almost every seat packed. Pretty cramped place, all in all. Reminded me of the coffee place at college. Pleasant staff though.
Old Sep 22, 2009, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rogerck
Was here yesterday at 4pm. Almost every seat packed. Pretty cramped place, all in all. Reminded me of the coffee place at college. Pleasant staff though.
Refurb is not suppose to be done until the spring (currently at around 1/2 size). The first re-furb area is suppose to be open by end of October, then they will flip areas and do the other 1/2.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

BOS AC update

Was at BOS AC today.
The first part of the BOS Admirals Club refurb is suppose to be done my mid October.
The new bar and new entrance lobby (at the original entrance) with new doors will soon be open.
Then they will block off the other 1/2 to be completed by spring.
Looks like we will loose our windows for about 6 months.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 5:36 pm

I just don't understand what takes so long. Union labor is all I can come up with.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Starwoods
I was at the club today. The new part was just opened up last week, and if this is any indication, BOS is getting a serious makeover. The bar area is much more expansive and the entry has lost that funeral home look and is now more in line with the other ACs. The loss of windows for a time is a drag but it looks like a substantial upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.