Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport Terminal B Gate B30 Admirals Club will close ~January 2019 with the consolidation of flight related services to a single low B gates area and reopened B4 Club.

Link to BOS information on aa.com.

Link to BOS web site

Location: The BOS - Boston Logan International Airport Admirals Club B30 is "Terminal B, upper level past security by gate B30." (aa.com)

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers
  • Children's room
  • Conference Rooms
For photos of the refurbished BOS B30 AC, see dugknight's Post #58 and AAerSTL's Post #64.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport Terminal B Gate B30 Admirals Club

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 15, 2015 at 7:01 am Reason: Clone for master thread
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

The update to the Admiral's club at BOS has started. The entrance door has been temporarily re-located on the corridor nearer to gate 29 (the old FL back door).

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 28, 2015 at 5:42 pm Reason: Restore original post
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
AA Announcement: renovations for BOS AC

FORT WORTH, Texas, March 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- American Airlines has begun extensive renovations to its Admirals Club at Logan International Airport in Boston. The project, slated for completion in early 2010, will feature a reconfigured floor plan to create a more open, spacious feel.

"We are excited to offer Admirals Club members and day pass visitors additional space and an updated facility in Boston," said Nancy Knipp, President - Admirals Club for American Airlines. "The refurbishments to our Admirals Club will further our efforts to better serve our members and guests."

The remodeled lounge will offer seating for 214 and include the addition of a cyber cafe, children's room with age-appropriate TV programming and computer games, five new flat panel-televisions and TV lounge and cafe seating where customers can enjoy complimentary light snacks, juice, tea, coffee and soft drinks or purchase delicious fare from the lounge's food and beverage program, Amora™.

Other highly valued amenities include an updated multi-functional business center outfitted with telephones, a global print solution powered by PrinterOn, copier and fax service. American's professional Premium Services representatives can also assist guests with boarding passes, reservations, seat selection and upgrades.

Located in Terminal B near Gate 36, the Admirals Club is currently open Sunday - Friday from 4:45 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. and; Saturday from 4:45 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. Beginning May 1, the club will be open daily from 4:45 a.m. - 9:30 p.m. The renovation project will be divided into three phases allowing the club to remain open throughout its duration.

American, a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, operates 44 Admirals Club locations in airports throughout the world. In an effort to enhance the travel experience for its customers, American continues to reinvest in its Admirals Club and Flagship Lounge facilities. In addition to the Boston Admirals Club refurbishment project, American recently opened two new Admirals Club lounges - one at Raleigh/Durham in October 2008 and one at Washington Dulles in February 2009 - plus one new Flagship Lounge in Miami in December 2008.

One-year Admirals Club memberships for new members range from just $350 to $500. AAdvantage miles may also be used to purchase Admirals Club memberships. One-day passes are available for $50, and can be purchased online, at self-service check-in machines, or at any Admirals Club location. For more information on the Admirals Club, log on to www.aa.com/admiralsclub.

About American Airlines

American Airlines, American Eagle and the AmericanConnection® airlines serve 250 cities in 40 countries with, on average, more than 3,400 daily flights. The combined network fleet numbers more than 900 aircraft. American's award-winning Web site, AA.com®, provides users with easy access to check and book fares, plus personalized news, information and travel offers. American Airlines is a founding member of the oneworld® Alliance, which brings together some of the best and biggest names in the airline business, enabling them to offer their customers more services and benefits than any airline can provide on its own. Together, its members serve nearly 700 destinations in over 140 countries and territories. American Airlines, Inc. and American Eagle Airlines, Inc. are subsidiaries of AMR Corporation. AmericanAirlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AA.com, We know why you fly and AAdvantage are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc.
http://aa.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=2571

The press release doesn't give all that much info except that they are indeed renovating and that it will have a separate children's area. I hope they get some more contemporary furniture and not the boring, worn chairs they had on my last visit in July.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I wonder if they'll remove the large drums of hair spray from the ladies room? The spray nozzles have been clogged since the early 90s.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 3:19 am

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I wonder if they'll remove the large drums of hair spray from the ladies room? The spray nozzles have been clogged since the early 90s.
Ha! I'm in the BOS AC now, and had never noticed those before, so I just had to get up and go look at them. They must be a holdover from the days when we were all shellacking our bangs in the clawshaped Revere-style

Just to add another data point - the current entrance is through the old Flagship Lounge area, and the AAngels' desk is where the former cellphone-free area used to be. That was my usual hangout, so I'm going to miss it.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
How much smaller is the Boston AC now (the part available for use). Is the club noticably more crowded?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:08 am

Programs: AA LTP 2.1MM; SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by gemac
How much smaller is the Boston AC now (the part available for use). Is the club noticably more crowded?
Well, as you can see from my posting time, I was there at 5AM this morning, so my observations on crowding are probably not representative.

The space available during construction is much smaller, though. They had blueprints posted, at which I only glanced, so someone whom is currently there could provide a more accurate answer, but my guess is that about 60% of the space is blocked off for construction. The bar area is still intact, but the coffee and snack area in the main space is under construction, so all complimentary items are at the ex-Flagship food area.

I'm really hoping that the bathrooms are on the renovation list - I can only speak of the Women's room, but the clogged bottles of SuperHold are only the tip of the privy overhaul iceberg.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:42 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Really need a larger lounge in BOS. I am in the BOS AC right now and it is very crowded indeed.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Barton Cove
I'm really hoping that the bathrooms are on the renovation list - I can only speak of the Women's room, but the clogged bottles of SuperHold are only the tip of the privy overhaul iceberg.
The main men's room was pretty nasty, too, but I seem to recall that the men's room in the old FL section was fine. I wonder if the showers will survive the overhaul.

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Really need a larger lounge in BOS. I am in the BOS AC right now and it is very crowded indeed.
I actually think they have plenty of space (perhaps not during the renovation, but in general); it just was very inefficiently laid out.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Blumie
The main men's room was pretty nasty, too, but I seem to recall that the men's room in the old FL section was fine. I wonder if the showers will survive the overhaul.

I actually think they have plenty of space (perhaps not during the renovation, but in general); it just was very inefficiently laid out.
Men's room pretty much like public restrooms. In need for renovation for years.

All the times I was in BOS AC it was very crowded, so if space reduced... , well let's hope for someone to lay it out more effectively.

"The old FL section" , let's hope for a new FL section in BOS!
Old Mar 21, 2009, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat, Virgin: Silver, Midwest, US Airways: Gold, NW, Lufthansa: Freq Trav
I hope they do a better job than they did at ORD
Old Mar 21, 2009, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by onobond
Men's room pretty much like public restrooms. In need for renovation for years.

All the times I was in BOS AC it was very crowded, so if space reduced... , well let's hope for someone to lay it out more effectively.

"The old FL section" , let's hope for a new FL section in BOS!
Since AA eliminated BOS International F the chances of a FL re-appearance is almost zero.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by zman
Since AA eliminated BOS International F the chances of a FL re-appearance is almost zero.
Happy to be updated, used to be at least one daily 777 to LHR, now only 763, as the seasonal CDG. With all respect, your guess of almost zero, propably is on the negative part of the scale.

Q: Does not the Boston area have enough first-class passengers?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by onobond
Q: Does not the Boston area have enough first-class passengers?

It's not just about the market. Premium Services has to decide whether a FL would be a competitive advantage at a station such as BOS. Remember, domestic airlines such as AA don't think of lounges as a "perk." They think of lounges as moneymakers. The Admirals Club is a moneymaker by charging for annual memberships, food, alcohol, etc. The Flagship Lounge indirectly makes money by charging other airlines when OW Emeralds or OW F passengers walk in. The FL also is designed to AA's top-revenue customers (those who purchase International F tickets).

- ORD and LHR have a FL for obvious competitive reasons.
- JFK has a FL because it has the most daily International F service of any AA hub or focus city, AND for competitive reasons.
- MIA has a FL because of substantial International F service to South America/Europe (and some European competition from VS).
- LAX has a FL because QF pays a large portion of the operating costs.

At BOS....
- are there enough non-AA OW Emeralds to keep the revenue flowing to AA when those Emeralds walk in?
- are there enough OW First Class passengers/flights to keep the revenue flowing to AA whenever those passengers walk in?
- how stiff is the International First Class competition at BOS? Do other airlines have First Class, and First Class lounges? Will they siphon off those $10,000-a-seat customers if AA does not upgrade its airport product?
- how many AA International First Class seats depart/arrive BOS each day?

Answering these questions should give you a pretty good idea of why AA doesn't have a FL at BOS, and why I think it's unlikely to reintroduce a FL in the near future.

Last edited by ESpen36; Mar 22, 2009 at 10:35 am
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
Originally Posted by ESpen36
Answering these questions should give you a pretty good idea of why AA doesn't have a FL at BOS, and why I think it's unlikely to reintroduce a FL in the near future.
Things being as they are now, this is true. I think, however, that if the JBV with BA/IB goes through, and AA takes over all BOS-LHR operations, we could see a return of F and of a Flagship Lounge.

Matt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.