Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport Terminal B Gate B30 Admirals Club will close ~January 2019 with the consolidation of flight related services to a single low B gates area and reopened B4 Club.

Link to BOS information on aa.com.

Link to BOS web site

Location: The BOS - Boston Logan International Airport Admirals Club B30 is "Terminal B, upper level past security by gate B30." (aa.com)

Hours: Please see here on aa.com for current hours and further information.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Food for purchase
  • Showers
  • Children's room
  • Conference Rooms
For photos of the refurbished BOS B30 AC, see dugknight's Post #58 and AAerSTL's Post #64.

Print Wikipost

BOS / Boston Logan International Airport B30 Admirals Club (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
This truly is one of the better clubs in the system now, IMHO: the front desk staff, which has always been great, has experienced very little turnover over the years; the club is rarely crowded, given its expansion combined with AA's capacity cuts at BOS; they've now added chocolate muffins to the morning muffin selection; it's apple season in New England, and they have plentiful bowls of delicious little macintosh apples to help you avoid the chocolate muffins (I bring a handful to snack on in the plane, too); and the coffee machines dispense tolerable (not great, but at least tolerable) coffee. And last week, they actually put out real napkins, in addition to the worthless little square ones! Unfortunately today they're back to just the little squares, fanned out as usual into a little helix!
Old Sep 30, 2011, 4:55 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Normally at the snack/coffee counter next to the bar there is water and a rotating option - usually iced tea or lemonade. Came in this morning and found the rotating option to be apple cider! ^ (A bit watered down from the ice, but actually tastes real - i.e. not a powdered mix. )
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by JY1024
Normally at the snack/coffee counter next to the bar there is water and a rotating option - usually iced tea or lemonade. Came in this morning and found the rotating option to be apple cider! ^ (A bit watered down from the ice, but actually tastes real - i.e. not a powdered mix. )
Someone somewhere makes/drinks apple cider from a powdered mix!

Terrifying truths like this are why I always come back to MA, no matter how charming or fascinating other parts of the world are.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PLT, AAdmirals Club, HHonors GLD
[QUOTE=Ambraciot;17199415]Someone somewhere makes/drinks apple cider from a powdered mix!

Ghastly! I long for the days when you could buy unpasteurized cider.
In any event, I'll be at the AC Weds and will be on the lookout for the cider option.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 5:48 am

It's that time of the year again! BOS club has apple cider out on the counter instead of the ice tea powder mix. ^

Also, the old Maxwell House coffee machine has been replaced with a new Nescafe machine. (Didn't really notice a change...still tastes like swill to me. )
Old Sep 18, 2012, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by JY1024
It's that time of the year again! BOS club has apple cider out on the counter instead of the ice tea powder mix. ^

Also, the old Maxwell House coffee machine has been replaced with a new Nescafe machine. (Didn't really notice a change...still tastes like swill to me. )
Another big change at the BOS AC: while they've always had a stack of paper cups near the coffee machine so you could take a cup to go, they now have lids, too!! One of the staff told me they sometimes forget to put them out, but she said they keep them in the cabinet below the counter, and encouraged me to help myself!

BTW, I think the coffee may be worse than before. It's certainly no better! (I carry Starbucks VIA in my bag, but always forget to use them. Or maybe I'm just too cheap!)
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The AC website is showing that the BOS lounge closes at 7:30pm tomorrow. Is that a typo, or are those the regular hours?

I've got about four hours to kill (meeting people at 1am), so if they're open later, then I won't have to camp out in the terminal..
Old Sep 27, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT Pro 2MM, DL Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador + LT Plat, COFC Venture X, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The AC website is showing that the BOS lounge closes at 7:30pm tomorrow. Is that a typo, or are those the regular hours?

I've got about four hours to kill (meeting people at 1am), so if they're open later, then I won't have to camp out in the terminal..
They will definitely keep it open for AA 124 (LHR) which departs at 10:25pm. But seriously there are much better places to kill several hours in Boston than at Logan Terminal B. Take the (free) Silverline into the city and get dinner or something. There really isn't a good place to wait in Terminal B, especially land side. If you must spend time at Logan, better places to wait are at Terminal C with more food options or Terminal A.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Fairmont Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
They also have much better smelling lotion in the ladies room.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

Was just there a few days ago and can confirm that they close at 10pm (basically staying open for AA124, as AAerSTL already mentioned. I think the bar closes more around 9:30pm, though.)
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:56 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Lounge Access Issues [Citi Prestige & BAEC Silver turned away from BOS AC]

When we run into stupidity at the lounge entrance, what is the best course of action to have an official source correct lounge agents on the spot?

I am at BOS and was told Citi Prestige cardholders do not have access. Only those with the AA Excecutive card, so I pulled up the AA website that clearly states I have access as Prestige cardholder, but she refused to budge reiterating that Prestige does not grant access. I gave up and pulled my BA Silver card then she said you only gain access if you are flying internationally. Ugh.

Then she started to sell me the 30 day membership for $90 and I said no thanks. She finally let me in as an one time exception. I really want to get a shower here, but I fear I will be kicked out as I am only in here out of goodwill despite having two avenues that entitles me to access.

What should I do?

ETA: she even asked her colleague and her colleague told her that she is correct Yes, I have an AA boarding pass.

Last edited by golfingboy; Sep 22, 2014 at 12:06 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Did you have a boarding pass for an AA flight on you and showed it to try to enter? If so, then send a note to AA saying that you're not looking for compensation, but that you think the front desk staff at the BOS lounge should be trained on the Citi Prestige card:

Email link
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Just to add a data point: I have successfully gotten into the lounge at BOS with a Citi Prestige card before.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:17 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Did you have a boarding pass for an AA flight on you and showed it to try to enter? If so, then send a note to AA saying that you're not looking for compensation, but that you think the front desk staff at the BOS lounge should be trained on the Citi Prestige card:

Email link
Yes, I have an AA boarding pass and showed it to them.

Originally Posted by Debonaire
Just to add a data point: I have successfully gotten into the lounge at BOS with a Citi Prestige card before.
I did not have any issues last Friday on my outbound trip. Different agent and I do not see her around this afternoon.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Get the agent's name and let them politely know you'll be sending a note that they do not understand their own rules.

I had this happen at DFW last week. I was on international transit all on AA metal. I'm a OneWorld Sapphire and she wouldn't let me in and was steadfast in her belief that I was trying to slip one past her! Like you I showed her the AA website and she still refused to believe it.

At that point I think all politeness bets are off. Its bad enough not to know the rules, but to ignore them in excusable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.