Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 29, 2020, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Concierge Key and Executive Platinum members may receive calls fro the Executive Office / Executive Liaison Office / Customer Care.

link to older posts

Print Wikipost

Call / calls from AA Executive Office / EXP Liaison / Customer Care (master thd)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:06 pm

AA Calling Members 800 882 8880

I missed the call. Anyone know why they called? Perhaps this from DrBillAtwood:

I recently got a call from Exec Plat customer service "To check on you and your family during this unprecedented virus time." That was pretty smart PR. I asked about the difference between rollover and actually qualified Exec Plats for 2021. They said that actually qualifying Exec Plats will get the system wide upgrades. The big deal, however, is the 12 month rolling average of ticket spending for upgrade priority. Those who actually qualify for Exec Plat for 2021 will have a much higher $$ than the rollover ones, so it should take care of the abundance of Exec Plats.

Last edited by christof; Oct 8, 2020 at 4:10 pm Reason: Potential Reason In Separate Thread
Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:14 pm

I just got an email from [email protected] with subject “We are trying to reach you”

​Hello, Christof
I’m with the Executive Liaison desk at American Airlines. I tried calling you today to personally check in on you and see how you and your family are doing during these unprecedented times.
If you have a few minutes to speak with me, please return my call at ExPlat Liaison Toll Free Number.
In the meantime, please take care of yourself. We are committed to getting through this and look forward to the opportunity to continue serving you.
All the best,
FirstName LastInitial.
American Airlines

Last edited by christof; Oct 8, 2020 at 4:41 pm
Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
They are doing what they should have been doing over the years. It is ALWAYS good to proactively reach out to your BEST customers, as long as it doesn't get overly annoying!
Old Oct 8, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by formeraa
They are doing what they should have been doing over the years. It is ALWAYS good to proactively reach out to your BEST customers, as long as it doesn't get overly annoying!
Very cool. I’m also AS MVPG 75K, but I never got a call from them. At least I now have the ExPlat Liaison number; I had no idea they had a direct line until now.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 7:42 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I am not profitable enough to warrant a phone call.
Spanish likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I got the call today and had a nice chat. They wanted to know how I was doing and ask me if I needed anything. We chatted about some flights I was interested in.

A nice service.
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 10:22 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by 355F1
I'd celebrate that.
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum
I'd like to know if anyone that received a call got anything out of it other than 'a chat.'
Old Oct 9, 2020, 9:35 am

Has anyone been able to ask for anything and receive it?
Old Oct 9, 2020, 11:13 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, MileagePlus PS, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Honors Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 355F1
Ditto, Gold status members who did a status challenge need to rise up against this injustice of -

Nah I'm just kidding. Cool as it is, it's basically their way of keeping you hooked. I'd appreciate a call but I'm not worth their time.
Old Mar 12, 2021, 5:58 pm

I got a call this week asking the same questions but got an additional question around when I would be traveling for business again. Told them the truth, no guidance on returning to the office and no guidance on when I'll be back in the air every few weeks.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I got a call today from Executive Offices today. They were calling to tell me they were providing me the gift of GOLD for a family member/friend. Asked for my feedback and my 2 "gripes":

1. Need more of the ACs open (the MIA D15 or E, ATL)
2. Some flight attendants (but definitely a small number) refusing a beverage service in the Premium Cabin-which I was told IS NOT the policy.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:51 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Nice to find this thread. I've also been in chat with an Executive Liaison that contacted me due to the amount of recent business on AA. It was an awesome conversation that pushed me to spend to hit AA EXP for next year. It's probably one of the best customer service experience I've ever had. Every reasonable request fulfilled, every time.

I've used that same email to contact the same Executive Liaison ever since. Although this not a published benefit, she is fantastic and much better than the EXP desk. Mainly because A) she's completely competent B) I feel like she might recognize me personally C) She can accurately explain any questions I have.
Not like EXP desk that flat out lies if they don't know sometimes.

I only try to bug her for the most important request nowadays though, when the desk fails. Executive Liaisons are too valuable for wasting their time on menial requests. I know they definitely have access to higher up authorities, as they've completely surprised me before with their capabilities.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Nice to find this thread. I've also been in chat with an Executive Liaison that contacted me due to the amount of recent business on AA. It was an awesome conversation that pushed me to spend to hit AA EXP for next year. It's probably one of the best customer service experience I've ever had. Every reasonable request fulfilled, every time.

I've used that same email to contact the same Executive Liaison ever since. Although this not a published benefit, she is fantastic and much better than the EXP desk. Mainly because A) she's completely competent B) I feel like she might recognize me personally C) She can accurately explain any questions I have.
Not like EXP desk that flat out lies if they don't know sometimes.

I only try to bug her for the most important request nowadays though, when the desk fails. Executive Liaisons are too valuable for wasting their time on menial requests.
Executive Liaisons seem to be unable to work with reservations when things go sideways. IME, they've been empathetic but unable to help.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 3:56 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by donotblink
Executive Liaisons seem to be unable to work with reservations when things go sideways. IME, they've been empathetic but unable to help.
Haven't used them for IRROPS but I have used them for reservation modification/requests that were handled promptly. I don't think they are meant to deal with IRROPS though. Special requests has been positive.

To answer a lot of posters above, I've gotten special things as well! I wont post mine publicly but you can PM if you'd like to know. IMO better than SWU lol

Last edited by SKYEG; Oct 18, 2021 at 4:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.