Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 20, 2013, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Genius1
London Heathrow Terminal 3 Landside Level 2
American Airlines Arrivals Lounge
(Please note this is not a oneworld lounge)

Location: LANDSIDE. Exit to the right after Terminal 3 Immigration and the Customs Hall, and take the stairs or elevator / lift (faces forex bureaux) to Level 2.
Hours: 6:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (reduced hours - 2022)

Amenities:
  • 29 shower suites with C.O. Bigelow products
  • Hair dryers
  • Valet ironing service
  • Dental & shaving kits (by request)
  • Full breakfast & lunch buffet
  • Coffee, espresso & champagne (on request) bar
  • Wi-Fi
  • Temporary baggage stowage (while one visits)
  • Business Centre with individual workstations
  • Daily newspapers

See post #180 by CMK10 and post #291 by Genius1 for photos.

Access criteria
  • First and Business Class passengers arriving on American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific, and Qantas
  • AAdvantage® Executive Platinum (including ConciergeKey)
  • Access available for qualifying individuals only (no guests)
  • Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access without the purchase of an Arrivals Lounge Day Pass

Arrivals Lounge One-Day Passes are available for purchase for USD $90 + VAT to all other passengers* flying to London Heathrow upon arrival.

For further details
Link to LHR airport information on aa.com
Link to LHR airport website
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

Older or obsolete posts through the August 2016 Arrivals Lounge reopening have been archived to ARCHIVE: LHR / London Heathrow Int'l. Apt. Terminal 3 AA Arrivals Lounge

Print Wikipost

LHR / London Heathrow Airport AA Arrivals Lounge (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by seaskybound
Again what is the official policy for arriving on BA to T5 (in J/F/OWE)
Clearly set out on the BA website:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/...rivals-lounges

"The Galleries Arrivals Lounge in London Heathrow Terminal 5 is exclusive to you if you have travelled in First or Club World, or are a Gold Executive Club Member, arriving on a British Airways longhaul flight. Capacity restrictions apply so you won't be able to bring guests into these lounges."

You will not find any mention of OWE there but it has previously been confirmed that EXP should be accepted as a reciprocal match for AA allowing BA Gold to use the lounge in T3.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by Mark_T
Clearly set out on the BA website:
I believe this poster was trying to access the AA lounge in T3 by virtue of having arrived to T5 on BA, which would mean AA's rules and not BA's would apply.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 4:55 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Microwave
Again? You haven't asked the question before, so no sense getting snippy it wasn't answered... I'd suggest a polite tone when you're looking for advice from fellow travellers.

The rules are on AA's website; the relevant section quoted here:
Had not the slightest intention of being snippy. Raised this whole issue for benefit of any other flyers who arrive to T5 and end up in T3 (in my case the immigration was way too long in T5 so moved to T3)

The club staff showed me the website: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp where it states:

"Refresh and relax when you arrive into LHR Terminal 3."

and that was their excuse for not letting me in.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Under Access I see no stipulation about terminal. I'd say these agents are making up rules. Pretty common amongst lounge agents unfortunately. If AA intended to say this, it should be listed with the other access rules.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 9:51 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
It was a few years ago but when I last delved into the issue of whether as OWE I should get AA Arrivals access in T3 by virtue of arriving longhaul on BA to T5 the answer was no as the reciprocity was specific to the lounge in the terminal you are arriving in (eg it is intended to provide for a BA Gold in Y on AA to have T3 arrivals access.)

To be fair the lounge in your arriving terminal should suffice most times. In this case I was coming in from BOM on BA, meeting my wife coming from JFK on AA on a much later arrival.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 3:21 am

I suspect some people intend to make it specific to each terminal, including the agents turning people away, but if the access rules published on the website are not crystal clear, they're only going to create frustrated passengers for no real reason.
Old Sep 23, 2016, 6:36 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
As a possible "back-up", PRIORITY PASS has lounges in T2, T5 both LANDSIDE, which have showers.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 9:21 am
BLG

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, BA Lifetime Blue, Marriott Gold, and many others
Getting back to the food, I had wondered what the afternoon offerings were -- and I can now report having spent an hour there this afternoon after arriving from LAX. Basically English Breakfast plus some small pre-made sandwiches (beef and vegetarian cheese which wasn't bad) plus some kind of chicken casserole plus some sweet rolls. All in all pretty decent. Very quiet and a good shower. Can't comment on admissions because we simply walked in as J PAX.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Looking forward to experiencing the "new and improved" arrivals lounge soon. Does anybody know if the lunch-type offerings are available in the morning time?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Looking forward to experiencing the "new and improved" arrivals lounge soon. Does anybody know if the lunch-type offerings are available in the morning time?
I've only ever been there in the afternoon, but OP in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-vs-aa-t3.html and post 35 in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ls-lounge.html may be of help. The former suggests that limited "lunch-ish" options are available throughout the day.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 5:10 pm

First time in years I used it. This is definitely the best lounge in the system food, serenity and service wise. Must say was very impressed. Expected the same "crap" as the FL in terminal 3 or JFK FL so was very surprised.
Old Nov 6, 2016, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
I've used the lounge few times and love the showers. However, on few occasions I reached just after the CX flight and its hard to find a place to sit, even on the stools, to have a quick breakfast. It seemed like those coming on the CX flights were in no hurry to leave. I now opt for AA operated flight JFK-LHR just for the better lounge, T3 over T5 and MCE(in in Y)
Old Nov 12, 2016, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
The new Arrivals Lounge is fantastic! Better options for food and drink, and it's nice to be able to have a mimosa if you do so desire. However, I could see how it would be hard finding a seat if this place were packed.

Only bad thing... No hot water this morning (11/12)! Shower rooms sure are nice, though.

Also, shout out to the dude who just shoved like four of the mini Moet Champagne bottles into his bag as he left...
Old Nov 12, 2016, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
No hot water (so no showers) and no alternate facility provided.

I had to haul over to T2 to use the priority pass lounge. Full F AA ticket. I usually fly UA but thought I'd give AA's flagship product a try. Very poor service.
Old Nov 12, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jgsx
No hot water (so no showers) and no alternate facility provided.

I had to haul over to T2 to use the priority pass lounge. Full F AA ticket. I usually fly UA but thought I'd give AA's flagship product a try. Very poor service.
They didn't suggest going to the BA Arrivals Lounge in T5, which you were entitled to use regardless??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.