Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA, DL, BA
I have no status whatsoever {Travel around 8 to 10 segments a year}, and got the following via email today.

Purchase a new annual individual Admirals Club® membership online and save 20%* now through September 28, 2010. To receive this discount, please use promotion code NYE at time of purchase when paying with a credit card.

The annual individual membership fee for our AAdvantage® customers is $500; with this offer, your annual fee would be $400. That means for less than $35 a month you can enjoy your time at the airport with amenities that include access to cyber cafés, quiet areas, private bars, conference rooms, showers and more. Why not remove yourself from the airport terminal congestion and reduce your travel stress? Kick back and start your vacation early or fine tune last-minute business details before boarding your flight.

We hope you will accept our invitation to this exceptional offer. To learn more about the Admirals Club lounge, visit http://www.aa.com/admiralsclub.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by vgacolor
I have no status whatsoever {Travel around 8 to 10 segments a year}, and got the following via email today.
this is a good offer. 20% off? thats $80 off 400 for new members. I have never been a member, i dont travel for work, only pleasure, but with the new booze rules, unlimited alcohol, it is a good deal to get in on.
Old Sep 21, 2010, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by ckpeter
Use the discount code NYE for 20% off.

This is from some kind of promotion for AA in New York. Unfortunately, I cannot remember nor find where the page is, but the discount code works out to be $280 for a first time EXP.
can u use the 20% off when renewing at you local AC lounge. For me being LGA. or only ONLINE?
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:49 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
If I bought a day pass, how long is it valid to bring in for $50 off the membership fee.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
If I bought a day pass, how long is it valid to bring in for $50 off the membership fee.
If the One-Day Pass holder becomes an Admirals Club member within 30 days of use of the One-Day pass, $50 may be applied toward a new annual membership.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:25 pm

New Admirals Club Membership

My question has to do with the discount for the membership.

There is a 20% off discount code for new membership before September 28th, 2010. Is this only online? or can i get the AAngels to apply it when signing up at the Aiport Club?

Also what are the chances of them to also waiving the $50 initiation fee. Although the promotion is been gone, but there was a promotion going on where $50 is waived if paying with Amex.

Option 1 (Only 20% off): $400 (AA PLT) - $80 = $320

Option 2 (20% off + fee waived somehow): $350 - 70 = $280

My argument to them would be that although i am PLT i can wait when i do become EXP by Nov and get the $350 but chances of me becoming a member then very unlikely, so if i can get the $50 waived and apply 20% off u have me now, compared to never since i dont have much travel planned after Nov. Any ideas on how can i work some magic on this.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 4:47 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
My argument to them would be that although i am PLT i can wait when i do become EXP by Nov and get the $350 but chances of me becoming a member then very unlikely, so if i can get the $50 waived and apply 20% off u have me now, compared to never since i dont have much travel planned after Nov. Any ideas on how can i work some magic on this.
Either pay what the membership costs or don't become a member. The "magic" is simple, and this isn't "Let's Make a Deal."

Cheers.
Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 1 MM, AC, HH Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
My argument to them would be that although i am PLT i can wait when i do become EXP by Nov and get the $350 but chances of me becoming a member then very unlikely, so if i can get the $50 waived and apply 20% off u have me now, compared to never
While it certainly doesn't hurt to ask what discounts are available, I don't think that kind of argument will get you any special favors.

Originally Posted by brp
Either pay what the membership costs or don't become a member. The "magic" is simple, and this isn't "Let's Make a Deal."
+1
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by brp

Cheers.
ouch. that hurts. of course i know that, and not saying i have anything against paying or that i am stingy. But hey, if its possible and if people have had some experience doing so, which i know some have, at getting the initiation fee waived, why not. i am sure anyone would jump on it.

My main question was, what are the chances of being able to get the fee waived and apply a promotion at the same time. that is if anyone has been able to do so amongst all the recent club membership promotions.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 4:02 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by vgacolor

Purchase a new annual individual Admirals Club® membership online and save 20%* now through September 28, 2010. To receive this discount, please use promotion code NYE at time of purchase when paying with a credit card.

The annual individual membership fee for our AAdvantage® customers is $500; with this offer, your annual fee would be $400. That means for less than $35 a month you can enjoy your time at the airport with amenities that include access to cyber cafés, quiet areas, private bars, conference rooms, showers and more. Why not remove yourself from the airport terminal congestion and reduce your travel stress? Kick back and start your vacation early or fine tune last-minute business details before boarding your flight.

We hope you will accept our invitation to this exceptional offer. To learn more about the Admirals Club lounge, visit http://www.aa.com/admiralsclub.
This NYE offer is now posted online - new membership MUST be purchased online:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/moreNYC....AM1009&pp=STR5

Offer Terms and Conditions: Discount offer is only available for a new Admirals Club annual membership purchased on-line. Offer is valid August 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010. This offer is not valid in-club. Promotion code NYE must be used at time of purchase online to receive discount. Receive 20% discount off the annual individual Admirals Club membership fee for the first year, promotion code NYE. Membership rate is based on individual's current tier level in the AAdvantage® program at time of purchase. All rates are in U.S. dollars and subject to change without notice. Admirals Club memberships are non-transferrable and non-refundable. No other discounts or retroactive credits apply. Discount may not be applied when adding a spouse to an existing membership or purchasing a new membership with spouse. Memberships purchased with AAdvantage miles cannot be discounted. You must be 18 years old to purchase and hold an Admirals Club membership. Membership terms and conditions may change for memberships purchased online on or after August 14, 2010. AmericanAirlines, AA.com, AAdvantage and Admirals Club are registered trademarks of American Airlines, Inc. © 2010 American Airlines, Inc. All rights reserved.
Old Sep 23, 2010, 6:27 pm

Programs: American Airlines EXP 1.99 MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Ambassador, UA 1K
Originally Posted by dstan
This NYE offer is now posted online - new membership MUST be purchased online:

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/moreNYC....AM1009&pp=STR5
It would be nice if they offered this to renewals as well. EXP new members end up paying less than a renewal membership as a result of the promotion.. Perhaps another promotion for current members is forthcoming.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 8:24 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by denCSA
HA! So maybe I'm just cheap, but I have never been able to justify the cost of an AC membership. I have had PPass for years and found it much more reasonable for the amenities received.

Anyways, I came up with a plan 2 months ago to get AC on the cheap:

1. Joined Chase's 'Premier Travel.' The company that runs this is Trilegiant, which is a HORRIBLE company. I used a Citi Card virtual Visa number just to cover my bases.
2. Fee is $25/month for the 'Premier Travel' Club thing
3. DCA AAngel waived the $50 initiation fee, so cost was $300 for me to join the AC (today's discounts are the AOA, AOB, AOC codes floating around based on AA status which equates to the same thing)
4. Submitted my $300 receipt to Trilegiant, and 2 months later I received a check for $200 in the mail (the max reimbursement amount allowed under the lounge benefit).
5. Went on the Premier Travel for Chase website and there is a link after you sign in that allows you to cancel, and you receive your latest month's fee back.

So, to recap the cost:

$25 x 3 months for 'Premier Travel - $25 (one month credit) = $50
$300 AC membership - $200 reimbursement from Premier Travel = $150

Net cost to me: $150 for a year. Now, for that amount I find value in the AC
Has anybody found a link from Chase to this site?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf
Has anybody found a link from Chase to this site?
i signed up for this just a few days ago based on denCSA's post. I plan on signing up for the membership and filling for the rebate. I hope its not a mess or like a year's wait to get the check lol
Old Oct 1, 2010, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, MR Gold, HH Silver
20 percent off memberships

I just got an e-mail from AA stating that if you sign up for the AC and use the promo code "LIFE" you get 20 percent off, busting it down to $320 in my case as I lapsed a couple of years ago. I didn't want to pay $50 extra for being a "new" member so I never rejoined, but the combination of free booze, the 20 percent offer and the fact that I will have a few hours to kill at ORD today was enough to make a sale. I can confirm that the code works.

I'll post my observations from the "opium den" in H later ...
Old Oct 1, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by 8lincoln30
I just got an e-mail from AA stating that if you sign up for the AC and use the promo code "LIFE" you get 20 percent off, busting it down to $320 in my case as I lapsed a couple of years ago. I didn't want to pay $50 extra for being a "new" member so I never rejoined, but the combination of free booze, the 20 percent offer and the fact that I will have a few hours to kill at ORD today was enough to make a sale. I can confirm that the code works.
Got the same e-mail; note that the 20% off promo is for new/lapsed memberships only. There's also a sweepstakes for a life membership that anyone, including current members, can enter.

I wonder if we should have put this on a new thread--while related tangentially to this big thread, I doubt that people would find the discount otherwise.

Nah, I'll wait for some other newbie to start the thread and get pounced.

(Edit: thanks for rescuing our posts from the AC "free drinks" thread!)

Last edited by gatelouse; Oct 2, 2010 at 6:26 pm Reason: Post moved by mods

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.