Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:35 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ceebee100
I just received a letter from American Express with a one day AC pass included. Along with the pass was an offer to save $75 on the EXP price of the AC membership if I join on the same day, thereby bringing my price to $275.

I was waiting for an offer like that to come along before joining the Admirals Club...now I think I will!
Just curious - what type of AMEX do you have? Wonder if it's just targeted towards specific cards...
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024
Just curious - what type of AMEX do you have? Wonder if it's just targeted towards specific cards...
I guess it's $5 cheaper than the AC70 discount.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Club Gold, HHonors Gold
My wife got one, she has the Blue Cash. I got one a week later and I have the Platinum card.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 5:18 pm

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush Elite, AA Plat, BA Blue, and a host of others.
I got the offer and I have a Starwood Amex. Pity the offer is only for new AC members not renewals. Oh well, I still have the anniversary discount.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: I fly too much and stay at too many hotels
? Odd...

I got one today as well -but I have no AMEX card. Even more odd - I have been a club member for the past seven years. Odder still, I just renewed two weeks ago.....

Why on earth did I get this mailing?

The one day pass coupon is made out in my name, so it is no use to anyone else, and no use to me.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I have 3 cards with them...Blue, Hilton Platinum and a regular Green Amex. I don't know which one they were targeting. The promo said to use my Amex card to purchase membership and get an additional $50 off the already discounted price of $325.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:23 am

Programs: AA, United, Delta, Continental, Marriott, La Quinta, Hilton, more.
Does anyone have more information on this promotion? The letter I got said $25 discount for joining AC on the day you visit using the 1-day pass, and another $50 if you use an AMEX card. I got the $25, but at the AC they didn't seem to know anything about the AMEX part, and I gave them the whole letter, so I don't have anything to show for it. Is it possible this will just appear on my AMEX statement as a credit or something? Since I don't have anything to show them to try to get them to do it at the AC, I may be out of luck.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by spthomas
Does anyone have more information on this promotion? The letter I got said $25 discount for joining AC on the day you visit using the 1-day pass, and another $50 if you use an AMEX card. I got the $25, but at the AC they didn't seem to know anything about the AMEX part, and I gave them the whole letter, so I don't have anything to show for it. Is it possible this will just appear on my AMEX statement as a credit or something? Since I don't have anything to show them to try to get them to do it at the AC, I may be out of luck.
I recieved the email with promotion. I jsigned up with the AAngels at the Kansas City Admirals club. They did know about this promotion as they recieved a memo about it but did not know how to apply it.

They worked dillgently to figure it out. After about 30 minutes, they finally figured it out. It seems the memo regarding the promotion was missing some information.

Anyway I was charged $275 (EXP rate of $350-$25-$50). So I think in your case diso.... was not allowed properly. You should have gotten an additional instant rebate of $50 when using your AMEX. I suppose you will have to work with AA customer service to resolve the issue.

Last edited by ssing; Jan 18, 2010 at 8:55 am Reason: fixed the EXP AC membership rate
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by ssing
I recieved the email with promotion. I jsigned up with the AAngels at the Kansas City Admirals club. They did know about this promotion as they recieved a memo about it but did not know how to apply it.

They worked dillgently to figure it out. After about 30 minutes, they finally figured it out. It seems the memo regarding the promotion was missing some information.

Anyway I was charged $275 (EXP rate of $250-$25-$50). So I think in your case diso.... was not allowed properly. You should have gotten an additional instant rebate of $50 when using your AMEX. I suppose you will have to work with AA customer service to resolve the issue.
I thought the exp rate was $300? You got if for $175 or $275?
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:48 am

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by chanp
I thought the exp rate was $300? You got if for $175 or $275?
My mistake I meant to write $350 (EXP new AC membership) - $25 - $50 = $275
Sorry about the confusion)
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Plat, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamon
AC Club $100 discount offer shows up too late

While on a layover in Miami 5 days ago I signed up for an annual pass to the Admiral's Club. Today I received the email with the offer of up to $100 off the cost of the membership. The timing is less than ideal, and I'm slightly irked. I've emailed AA to see if they'd be willing to provide me with the discount, still awaiting a response.

Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, did AA provide the discount or offer any other compensation?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Well, all you can do is try to see if they will honor the $100 discount - it would work much better than reforming their marketing department's promo schedule.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by griffinj
Has anyone else had a similar experience? If so, did AA provide the discount or offer any other compensation?
The same thing happened to me 2-3 years ago. I called the AC headquarters in Dallas and they credited $100 back.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:28 am

Was it a specific code or a more general offer? Have you had a membership in the past? Hoping I get one in a few days as I was planning on signing up.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:08 am

I received that offer in the mail as well. I have a starwood and platinum amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.