FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/697243-how-get-aa-aadvantage-flight-flights-history-master-thread.html)

brp Nov 2, 2009 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy (Post 12754403)
This doesn't answer the OP's question, but I have kept a list of every flight I've ever taken since the first time I flew 28 years ago. It began as a written list in a notebook; it now exists as a Word file that I simply add to after each trip, with date, airline and flight number, starting point and destination. I have no other reason than it being fun to look at every so often.

One suggestion I'd make is to migrate this to Excel, if it's in a table format. This will allow all of the data you currently have in separate columns, and also allow a wealth of calculations if you want to do that. I have mine dating back to 2004 (when I found out about FT and got serious about it) with all kinds of tracking done automatically.

Cheers.

ak333 Nov 2, 2009 2:25 pm

I second flight memory, but I also have a "Passenger Flight Log Book." Actually, I am on log book number three. :D It is published by a Canadian company called Aviation World in Toronto.

kebosabi Nov 2, 2009 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by normcpa (Post 12754439)
I'm jealous! I used to save all tickets, but the last ten years or so a lot of the airlines (e.g., Southwest) take your ticket, and I have nothing to put in the folder. Also the airlines often don't give you a folder anymore. I probably have 98%+ of all of my tickets 1958-2005, then perhaps 70-80% since.

So the question is what is going to happen to all of those tickets? I'm afraid the answer is: The kids will throw them out (unless I do it first).:(

Here's what I do: I immediately re-print another copy of the boarding pass at the kiosk. So when they take one of the BPs, you still have another copy in your hand for your record-keeping.

I used to collect BP too, but now I just scan them from my all-in-one printer and save them as a JPEG file in my USB stick. Yeah, I'm a nerd :rolleyes:

farrish11 Nov 2, 2009 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 11336227)
I"Here's the deal" on AA historical records.

This may come in quite handy for my wife's citizenship application, since we weren't bright enough to write down each time she's been out of the country in the past three years. At least we know that she's only ever left the country on AA! :D

aamilesslave Nov 2, 2009 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by kebosabi (Post 12755106)
Here's what I do: I immediately re-print another copy of the boarding pass at the kiosk. So when they take one of the BPs, you still have another copy in your hand for your record-keeping.

I used to collect BP too, but now I just scan them from my all-in-one printer and save them as a JPEG file in my USB stick. Yeah, I'm a nerd :rolleyes:

I print all of my BPs to PDF.

ESpen36 Nov 2, 2009 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave (Post 12755323)
I print all of my BPs to PDF.

What about the international ones? Do you scan the ticket stock stubs after you return?

aamilesslave Nov 2, 2009 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 12755633)
What about the international ones? Do you scan the ticket stock stubs after you return?

I could at some point - but those go into a special envelope.

jw713 Nov 2, 2009 4:33 pm

Has anyone paid to get their data from the last 18 or 24 months, or would I be the only one crazy enough to do that?

BAK Nov 2, 2009 7:41 pm

How about using your emails from AA ? I usually try to permanently store everything at least somewhat meaningful.

Carioca Nov 2, 2009 8:26 pm

Just ask

I have called the EXP desk in the past two years and asked for all my activity in the previous 12 months, and they sent me an email with all the flights in a text format, free of charge.

SJOGuy Nov 2, 2009 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by brp (Post 12754532)
One suggestion I'd make is to migrate this to Excel, if it's in a table format. This will allow all of the data you currently have in separate columns, and also allow a wealth of calculations if you want to do that. I have mine dating back to 2004 (when I found out about FT and got serious about it) with all kinds of tracking done automatically.

Cheers.

The key piece of info missing from my list is mileage for these flights, but I could fill that in with Great Circle Mapper. Many of my flights are repetitive. I've done the 1,776 miles of DFW-SJO or SJO-DFW now 115 times in the approx. 10 years that AA has offered that route.

bniu Nov 3, 2009 12:32 am

Originally Posted by jw713 (Post 12753511)
For anyone else interested in this, I had done a search recently and came up with this thread. I wanted more specific info on it so I e-mailed AA...here's their response:

I'm very interested in this data to help my wife hit 1MM (I hit 1MM in about 3 years, so the 2 years of data would help provide some insight to me) and for curiosity on my traveling. Not sure if it's worth $75 though.

75 more miles if you have the AA credit card :D Maybe worth it if you have 1,999,975 lifetime miles. just imagine, your curiosity can push you to lifetime platinum!

mvoight Nov 3, 2009 3:24 am

Originally Posted by bniu (Post 12757755)
75 more miles if you have the AA credit card :D Maybe worth it if you have 1,999,975 lifetime miles. just imagine, your curiosity can push you to lifetime platinum!

Or even 1,999,925 miles ;)
(they are earning 75 :) )

SteveinSTL Dec 6, 2009 3:56 pm

cumulative AA mileage summary??

Have tried twice to see in the AA platinum desk has any ability to search for and print all program miles earned by a member. The answer I got both times was that they purge it after 3 yrs due to space constraints? Huh?! I get that that takes up probably terabytes of space, but any old data does. Memory is cheap!

With the many members here who have www.flightmemory.com data, are you all either very detailed and kept all that paper, or are savants and can remember that stuff? ;)I flew with AA starting in "86, and had many years of big miles in DFW & later STL.

Has anyone had any success with getting them to get this data, or am I SOL?

Thanks!

bnw2005 Dec 6, 2009 4:31 pm

Data has no value so why keep it that long. Current statements reflect program to date data.