FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   How to get AA / AAdvantage flight / flights history? (master thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/697243-how-get-aa-aadvantage-flight-flights-history-master-thread.html)

nomore1k May 30, 2007 11:27 am

Originally Posted by dukieee (Post 7802810)
i think UA has this on their website much more easily accessible.

Can you point me to where UA has it? I can't find it. And while history is all I ever intend to have at UA, I would like to have the history.

badjuju May 30, 2007 11:32 am

Go to https://www.refunds.aa.com/ - you can search using your name and the credit card you used.
If you had a business extraa account, it's all listed there.

dukieee May 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by nomore1k (Post 7820892)
Can you point me to where UA has it? I can't find it. And while history is all I ever intend to have at UA, I would like to have the history.

If you just log into united.com, you can choose the statement period. Starting at january 06 as far as i can see...

nomore1k May 30, 2007 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by dukieee (Post 7822332)
If you just log into united.com, you can choose the statement period. Starting at january 06 as far as i can see...

Ah yes, was looking for older history, just as the OP was for AA. I've been an MP member since 1988 and was first 1K in 1993, so I was hoping there was a tool for my old history.

nigelloring Feb 27, 2009 11:35 pm

Can I get my complete AA flight history / record?

It's more for personal curiosity than anything else.....but is there anywhere this is available?

Ideally it would include award tix as well as revenue tix.

HNL Feb 27, 2009 11:45 pm

It would only be available by making a request through AAdvantage customer Service.

mvoight Feb 28, 2009 3:38 am

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 11334849)
It would only be available by making a request through AAdvantage customer Service.

I don't think they have the complete history, unless it is relatively short.

Edit: They might have it, but finding it and letting you have it might not be possible

jpmcdonough Feb 28, 2009 7:35 am

Some of us twentieth century types did some of our flying before there were computerized reservation systems. Hard to believe, but true.

JDiver Feb 28, 2009 9:56 am

"Here's the deal" on AA historical records.

I recall a contact with the individual who is, ironically, the AA Records Custodian, exactly one year ago. Essentially:

AA can send out 18 months of past summaries, combined into one report. This takes 2-3 weeks to receive because an outsourced vendor recovers and prints the report.

Beyond 18 months all that can be provided are screen prints of the data that is in the system. As of February 2008 (when we had the conversation - JD), that was Jan 2005 - current. Each year they remove the oldest year and it is migrated off the system, so that would mean January 2006 today.

AA also has in most cases 2003, 2004 and 2005 on microfiche, and can print out the requisite panes. There are fees associated with this, so I doubt anyone will do this merely to satisfy their curiosity - but if you need the data, it's there (e.g establish you were out of the country on April 15 for the IRS, or in the country for CBP, etc.)

I hope this helps. As HNL said, start by contacting AA Customer Service.

wshadow Oct 13, 2009 9:46 pm

Flight History

Im trying to fill out my flight history at FlightMemory.com. In many cases I have the dates and flight number. However, I dont have the flight times, aircraft model, etc. Is there a way to get this information (eg. Databases)?

Also, is it possible to call AA and ask them for a Travel History?

Thanks!

dstan Oct 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Although the wiki page below is primarily directed at finding tail numbers, there are a number of resources listed that will provide you with historical flight information, including FlightStats and ExpertFlyer's Flight Status search.

http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Tail_Numbers_(AA)

There are a number of threads linked from the bottom of that wiki page that you should find useful. Among them is the main flightmemory.com thread in TravelBuzz:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...emory-com.html
(TravelBuzz thread)

jw713 Nov 2, 2009 11:10 am

For anyone else interested in this, I had done a search recently and came up with this thread. I wanted more specific info on it so I e-mailed AA...here's their response:

Dear ,

First, allow me to thank you for being one of our valued AAdvantageŽ
elite members. We are always glad to hear from you.

You can obtain past-date AAdvantage account information in a variety of
ways, and at a range of costs. Here are some options:

There is no charge to view or print your online account summaries, which
are available on AA.com for the past six months. Simply login with your
AAdvantage number and password and select the 'AAdvantage Account' tab.
You can then use the drop-down box to select the summary you wish to
view.

You can also request summary reprints for up to 18 months for a charge
of $50 per account, regardless of the number of reprints requested at
one time. It takes three weeks to receive a paper reprint via regular
mail. Please note, if you are not subscribed to AAdvantage eSummaries,
then reprints are only available for the months that summary processing
occurred for your account.

Beyond 18 months, you can obtain historic account activity information
from approximately the past 2 years. The charge is $75, the turnaround
time is 7 - 10 business days, and the information is sent by FedEx.
Please note that award history is only available for the past 12 months.

If you wish to request summary reprints or historic account activity,
please call us at 1-800-882-8880 (just speak "AAdvantage Account" when
prompted at the Main Menu to be routed to us directly).
I'm very interested in this data to help my wife hit 1MM (I hit 1MM in about 3 years, so the 2 years of data would help provide some insight to me) and for curiosity on my traveling. Not sure if it's worth $75 though.

SJOGuy Nov 2, 2009 12:54 pm

This doesn't answer the OP's question, but I have kept a list of every flight I've ever taken since the first time I flew 28 years ago. It began as a written list in a notebook; it now exists as a Word file that I simply add to after each trip, with date, airline and flight number, starting point and destination. I have no other reason than it being fun to look at every so often.

normcpa Nov 2, 2009 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy (Post 12754403)
This doesn't answer the OP's question, but I have kept a list of every flight I've ever taken since the first time I flew 28 years ago. It began as a written list in a notebook; it now exists as a Word file that I simply add to after each trip, with date, airline and flight number, starting point and destination. I have no other reason than it being fun to look at every so often.

I'm jealous! I used to save all tickets, but the last ten years or so a lot of the airlines (e.g., Southwest) take your ticket, and I have nothing to put in the folder. Also the airlines often don't give you a folder anymore. I probably have 98%+ of all of my tickets 1958-2005, then perhaps 70-80% since.

So the question is what is going to happen to all of those tickets? I'm afraid the answer is: The kids will throw them out (unless I do it first).:(

zdcatc12 Nov 2, 2009 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by SJOGuy (Post 12754403)

Enter them all in flightmemory.com. Shows a list and map of all your flights, how many times of each type a/c, how many times at each city, fastest, slowest, longest, shortest flights, etc. It is really cool. And then you can publish it, so we can all see it.