Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
="3"%Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.
NOTE: NRT Admirals Club closing March 2020

Link to NRT information on aa.com

Link to NRT airport website

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

NOTE: International arriving passengers must have a valid, same-day ticket for departure permitting access through Security for Terminal 2 lounge access.

="3"%Tokyo Narita Airport Admirals Club

LOCATION: Terminal 2, after immigration and Passport Control, one floor below departure level, Gate 71. CLOSING MARCH 2020. Admirals Club members will have access to the JL Sakura Business lounge when flying AA or other oneworld airlines regardless of class of service, and AA flyers qualifying for lounge access by status or class of service still have access to the oneworld airline lounges (CX, JL).

HOURS: Please see here for current hours (which vary daily) and further information.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
    • PCs with Internet access
      • Showers
        • Bar - café

="3"%Japan Airlines First Class Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 2, airside, Level 3&4 (main building), and Level 3 (satellite building)

NOTE: Notes: Access to First Class Lounge is restricted to Emerald members or those travelling in First Class. Qualifying departing passengers from British Airways, Japan Airlines, Qatar Airways, S7 and SriLankan Airlines are directed here.

HOURS: Daily: 07:30-22:00 (main building), 07:30-12:30 (satellite building)

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
      • Showers
        • Bar - café
          • Sushi bar

="3"%Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge

LOCATION: Terminal 2, airside, Level 3 & 4 (Main Building) and Level 3 (Satellite Building)

NOTE: Notes: Qualifying departing passengers from British Airways, Japan Airlines, Qatar Airways, S7 and SriLankan Airlines are directed here.

HOURS: Daily: 07:30-22:00 (3F Main Building), 07:30-12:30 Satellite Building

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
      • Showers

="3"%Japan Airlines Sakura Lounge

NOTE: Domestic departure lounge

HOURS: 07:30 - until last departure

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
      • Showers
        • Business Centre

="3"%Cathay Pacific First and Business Lounges

NOTE: Notes: Qualifying departing passengers from Cathay Pacific are directed here. First Class lounge restructed to departing First Class or oneworld Emerald passengers.

HOURS: 07:30 - until last departure

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi

="3"%Qantas International Business Lounge

NOTES: Qualifying passengers departing on Finnair, Malaysia, Qantas are directed here.

HOURS: Daily: 08:30-21:30.

AMENITIES:
  • Complimentary WiFi
    • Computers
      • Food and beverages
        • Showers

="3"%Restaurant and Showers for Arriving Passengers

Arriving passengers do not have lounge access
, but have access to the NRT "Hospitality Program" Link
  • Transit passengers connecting between international flights can use “Traveler's Lounge Rassurants” (sic) free of charge (as of 2015, current 2018).
    • They also qualify for a 50% discount on the use of showers (accurate in 2018):
      • Adults (13 years or older) : 500 yen (Tax included)
        • Standard charge 1,030 yen (Tax included)

*Showers only before passport control area.
      • Please present documentation (e.g. ticket or boarding pass) for your connecting flight at the reception counter of the respective facilities to receive these benefits smoothly.

Older and obsolete posts can be read at: ARCHIVE: NRT / Tokyo Narita Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges

[/FONT]
Print Wikipost

Guide: NRT / Tokyo Narita Int'l. Admirals Club & oneworld Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by JSSAUCE
I can tell you this much, I am Exec Plat and have flown on AA and JAL both in F and J. I have always been able to use the first class lounge in NRT and HND. My wife who has no status recently flew NRT-ORD in F. At C/I they directed her to the Admirals Club. She called me looking for the massage and I told her she was in the wrong club, and to go ask at the desk. They said , oh sorry go to the JAL club. She did and again directed her to the Sakura lounge and not the F lounge. She asked again and they said sorry, of course come this way to the F lounge. And of this was in Japanese, and she is Japanese. She had a feeling that they did not make a mistake 3 times, rather they were content to let her not use the F lounge.
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
You'll have access to their F lounge in NRT based off of your F class ticket alone, despite being an AA ticket. This is a OW benefit.
Thanks for the quick and helpful responses! I've never flown international F before so I'm almost looking forward to the F experience as much as the trip to Japan itself.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by tgm33
Thanks for the quick and helpful responses! I've never flown international F before so I'm almost looking forward to the F experience as much as the trip to Japan itself.
Any particular reason you selected AA instead of JL for your first international F flight?
Old Jan 26, 2013, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Any particular reason you selected AA instead of JL for your first international F flight?
I booked it with my AA miles and unfortunately JL hasn't opened up any award seats for the dates I'm traveling. I've been checking everyday to see if something opens up but it looks like weekend dates are rarely available. Hoping I might get lucky and something opens at the last minute...
Old Jun 7, 2013, 12:36 am

EDIT: I believe I found the answer to my question. Short answer is, yes, I will only have access to the AC.

Which Narita lounges will I have access to while flying Business class on American Airlines with Ruby status? Will I only have access to the Admiral's Club?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Doghound
EDIT: I believe I found the answer to my question. Short answer is, yes, I will only have access to the AC.

Which Narita lounges will I have access to while flying Business class on American Airlines with Ruby status? Will I only have access to the Admiral's Club?
Not only.

As a business class passenger, you will have access to all oneworld business class lounges. I recommend the JAL one as the best in NRT, but AC is good for shower and the QF lounge may be worth a look, if open. Don't bother with the CX one.
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:53 am

Hello, I am flying to Shanghai from LAX connecting via NRT. My layover time is 5hrs so I am considering purchasing AC day pass. I have three questions....(sorry, I am newbie here and questions may sound dumb...)

1) I am actually not flying AA but would I able to buy AC day pass?
2) Is it worth buying a day pass?
3) Is AC day pass only be used with AC? Or can I also go other OW lounges like JAL?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
Originally Posted by pandamimibear
If you'd be flying a few times in a 30 day period, consider buying a 30-day membership for $99 (can also bring 2 guests). Heck of a better deal than 1-day pass for $50 (no guests allowed).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Hello, I am flying to Shanghai from LAX connecting via NRT. My layover time is 5hrs so I am considering purchasing AC day pass. I have three questions....(sorry, I am newbie here and questions may sound dumb...)

1) I am actually not flying AA but would I able to buy AC day pass?
3) Is AC day pass only be used with AC? Or can I also go other OW lounges like JAL?

Thanks in advance!
1) Yes, just make sure you are flying an airline that flies through NRT Terminal 2, so you can physically reach the AC. Wouldn't want to have you buy a day pass and find out you were on All Nippon or something like that!
2) See aktchi's sage advice
3) Yes, only good for AC. The NRT AC is among the nicest in AA's system.

And welcome to FT!
Old Jun 15, 2013, 10:17 pm

Thanks aktchi and The BOSman for the responses! 30-day pass may be a good one as I will be traveling with my mother coming back from Shanghai. Good to know!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I will get slightly technical and pedantic on my fellow members (but in the end, it's a good thing, and it demonstrates the clear superiority of a $99 one month membership over a $50 day pass in many instances): There is no such thing as a thirty day pass - there are a one day pass (for one person, all Admirals Clubs, sensu stricto - not QF etc.), and thirty day and one year memberships.

The thirty day membership has all the perquisites and privileges of an annual membership, including expanded lounge access (30 QF Clubs when flying QF) and as stated here, and the ability to guest* others in.

*"Up to two guests or immediate family (spouse, domestic partner and/or children under 18 years of age) may accompany the member."

Thanks aktchi and The BOSman for the responses! 30-day pass may be a good one as I will be traveling with my mother coming back from Shanghai. Good to know!
Old Jun 16, 2013, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA 1.2MM BIS 'LT' Gld, BA Bronze, AA Plat, now considering SWA.....
THANKS JDiver !
Just solved my resistance to purchasing a
Day pass for two..
"and the ability to guest others in."
For my 9 hr 'layover' @ JFK prior to boarding
AA 951 and July BKK/NRT travels...
Just 'burnin' Miles afore į get too Old .
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
No worries - and it's good for (of course) thirty days, not just one.

Too old, but still burnin' miles...

Originally Posted by aafreq
THANKS JDiver !
Just solved my resistance to purchasing a
Day pass for two..
"and the ability to guest others in."
For my 9 hr 'layover' @ JFK prior to boarding
AA 951 and July BKK/NRT travels...
Just 'burnin' Miles afore į get too Old .
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
another scenario - which lounge in NRT?

Itinerary
ORD-NRT (booked AA but operated by JAL as 009)
NRT-ICN (booked as JAL but operated by KE)

So for NRT layover, which lounges are accessible? Sakura, JAL with AA, and KE lounge? or just KE lounge?
If it matters, no status that matters and AAdangtage member but not a member of other programs for airlines above.

JAL seems to have so many clauses over use of lounges that they appear to be trying to make it difficult. :-(

-AJ
Old Sep 28, 2013, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by aj411
Itinerary
ORD-NRT (booked AA but operated by JAL as 009)
NRT-ICN (booked as JAL but operated by KE)

So for NRT layover, which lounges are accessible? Sakura, JAL with AA, and KE lounge? or just KE lounge?
If it matters, no status that matters and AAdangtage member but not a member of other programs for airlines above.

JAL seems to have so many clauses over use of lounges that they appear to be trying to make it difficult. :-(

-AJ
You likely won't be able to physically access JL or AA lounges, as KE leaves from Terminal 1 and all Oneworld lounges are in Terminal 2. You will arrive at Terminal 2, but I believe you will have to go over to Terminal 1 straightaway, as you do not hold a boarding pass for an onward flight from Terminal 2 and I don't believe transit security at NRT will allow you to access Terminal 2 without one. You'll be able to at least physically reach the KE lounge, but without the class your ticket is booked into, it is unclear if you will be allowed inside.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
You likely won't be able to physically access JL or AA lounges, as KE leaves from Terminal 1 and all Oneworld lounges are in Terminal 2. You will arrive at Terminal 2, but I believe you will have to go over to Terminal 1 straightaway, as you do not hold a boarding pass for an onward flight from Terminal 2 and I don't believe transit security at NRT will allow you to access Terminal 2 without one. You'll be able to at least physically reach the KE lounge, but without the class your ticket is booked into, it is unclear if you will be allowed inside.
If traveling in J and/or SkyTeam Elite Plus, then the passenger will have access to KE, DL, and/or AF lounges in T1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.