Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Flying with o2 portable oxygen concentrator

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2024, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage

Posted this in the disability sub last night, but it looks like this AA sub gets several orders of magnitude more traffic...

Really hard to find any solid info online. Seems to be rarely discussed on forums, with the few discusiones I find being a decade or two old.

The FAA did away with the rule (8 years ago) to require a medical form, but it seems to still be brought up online in places. Are you still finding most airlines requiring it? More specifically AA? In the revised rule they specifically said they were doing away with the Dr's form to make traveling easier for passengers and to save the airlines money on unnecessary paperwork. I have little faith in getting a timely response from my doctor if they want a form.

I'll be flying American Airlines domestically in a few weeks. I did note on the reservation that I would be traveling with my POC. Online shows a short list of requirements that are easy to meet. They've sent a couple emails confirming I listed the o2 concentrator on the reservation, and stating if they have any questions they'll contact me closer to my flight. I plan to call them this week to follow up, but don't know that I'll get a reliable answer from a support agent and don't want to show up and be refused boarding.

Specifically for American Airlines:

Do they require anything before the flight, i.e. medical form, etc?

What I should expect when I get to the airport?

Need to check in before security, or can I do it online?

Any other extra hoops?

I haven't flown in years, and never with a POC. Any airline that's easiest to deal with when you have a POC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.