See Cost Summary on Manage Trip Page

Old Aug 24, 2023, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
See Cost Summary on Manage Trip Page

One feature I really have appreciated is the See Cost Summary on AAís flight management page. However, Iíve noticed a number of times it isnít available. I was hoping to get some answers as to why this is the case so that I donít waste any time in the future.

My understanding is that these are the situations in which it may not appear:

1. Immediately after booking, it may take up to 24 hours for the cost summary to be viewable.
2. Immediately after a refare, it may take up to 24 hours for the cost summary to be viewable.
3. After a schedule change by a partner, it may take up to 24 hours for the cost summary to be viewable.
4. Certain partner bookings made on AA may never have a cost summary attached.
5. Certain partner bookings made with a partner may appear on AAís booking management platform but naturally will not have a cost summary.

Am I missing any other situations in which this summary might not appear or reasons for a temporary disappearance? Itís the only useful way to sometimes calculate a future or past LP earning and I certainly donít want to waste an employeeís time looking up info in the case of temporary disappearances of the data.
AB Dada and shengwan like this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
You can also try the receipts page using the ticket number if My Trips isn't showing it
https://www.aa.com/your-receipts/
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Originally Posted by javabytes
You can also try the receipts page using the ticket number if My Trips isn't showing it
https://www.aa.com/your-receipts/
Interestingly this doesnít seem to work for me in that initial 24 hour window or again after a ticket re-fare.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:21 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott
Is there anyway to look up the mileage cost summary on partner award ticket book with AAdvantage? I tried manage flight, and receipt page https://www.aa.com/your-receipts/, I can only see cost in taxes and fees.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by shengwan
Is there anyway to look up the mileage cost summary on partner award ticket book with AAdvantage? I tried manage flight, and receipt page https://www.aa.com/your-receipts/, I can only see cost in taxes and fees.
Either look at the receipt that is emailed to you or look at your account ACTIVITY page that will display miles deducted
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Either look at the receipt that is emailed to you or look at your account ACTIVITY page that will display miles deducted
The actual email receipt doesn't even show the amount of miles used, it's extremely annoying. You have to look at the separate "Your Recent AAdvantage Award Redemption..." email to see how many miles were charged.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
The actual email receipt doesn't even show the amount of miles used, it's extremely annoying. You have to look at the separate "Your Recent AAdvantage Award Redemption..." email to see how many miles were charged.
Iíve started always holding it just so that email shows up with the record locator, flight details, and mileage price all in one place. If I am ready to buy I go ahead and ticket right away afterwards, but I never just go straight to purchasing anymore.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
In addition to what others mentioned ó

When this happens and the airfare isnít insignificant, Iíve had the twitter team send me a breakdown after complex re-ticketing situations to make sure the fare details were retained.
Old May 2, 2024, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Ugh...not one but TWO emails to navigate....I now totally understand your frustration!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.