Community
Wiki Posts
Search

schedule change BS

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 11:00 am
Original Poster

schedule change BS

My wife had her 8/6 flight changed from 1024 am to 8am on an SDF-DFW-BZE flight. She cannot get the airport for an 8am flight her mom lives 1 1/2 away and cannot drive in the dark.

I gave the chat agent a couple of option 1) leave on the now 1046 sdf-dfw flight and overnight at DFW and fly to BZE on the 7th OR leave the on the day before 8/5 and overnight in dallas and stay on the same DFW BZE flight on the 6th. They said they can't do either as a complimentary flight change since she has to leave and arrive on the same day. Is that something new or do I need to call a different agent?
Old May 1, 2024, 11:33 am
Original Poster

follow up as the previous agent quoted me a $ 334 additional cost I closed chat and just put a new ticket with the desired itinerary on hold(It cost just $31 more to do so) I got on another chat with a different agent in order to cancel one and apply the credit to the new on. She told me that I could change the flight if the departure was within 24 hrs of the original. I said that I just wanted the 10:46 departure and then arrive next day and she said no problem. Point is how can some of their agents be so uninformed? If they want to force you to book with them for miles at least they should hire competent agents.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Poor training and lots of new agents.

Unfortunately, HUACA is the name of the game.
wrp96, JJeffrey, Lonedaddy and 1 others like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QRPC PLT/OW EMD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
My wife had her 8/6 flight changed from 1024 am to 8am on an SDF-DFW-BZE flight. She cannot get the airport for an 8am flight her mom lives 1 1/2 away and cannot drive in the dark.
But perhaps she can drive to the airport. By the time they arrive, say 6:45 a.m., it will be light and her mom can drive back home.
AirborneLocksmith and JPG3392 like this.
Old May 1, 2024, 5:31 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
I'd give the Twitter team a chance at this. Just be clear on the option you want. Worth a shot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.