Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Alaska MVP75K on an Intl AA Basic economy ticket

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2024, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus

I rarely fly AA, so please excuse the possibly noob questions. I am about to buy an AA Basic economy ticket from PXH to LHR, and am currently an Alaska MVP 75K through a status match. So as I understand it:
1) I can select Main Cabin Extra seats for free
2) Check in upto 2 bags
3) Boarding Group 2.
4) Arrival Lounge access at LHR

Is there anything else I am missing here? is there anyway to score an upgrade on an intl itinerary?

Thank you!
Old May 1, 2024, 10:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by azfanboy
I rarely fly AA, so please excuse the possibly noob questions. I am about to buy an AA Basic economy ticket from PXH to LHR, and am currently an Alaska MVP 75K through a status match. So as I understand it:
1) I can select Main Cabin Extra seats for free
2) Check in upto 2 bags
3) Boarding Group 2.
4) Arrival Lounge access at LHR

Is there anything else I am missing here? is there anyway to score an upgrade on an intl itinerary?

Thank you!
You can check up to 3 bags since you're one world emerald. However, unless you buy a Main Cabin fare, there are no upgrades available for Basic Economy. If you buy main cabin, you can upgrade with miles / co-pay if C upgrade class becomes available or you can pay for the in app upgrade. But with basic economy, you're stuck.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by ghsbass0406
You can check up to 3 bags since you're one world emerald. However, unless you buy a Main Cabin fare, there are no upgrades available for Basic Economy. If you buy main cabin, you can upgrade with miles / co-pay if C upgrade class becomes available or you can pay for the in app upgrade. But with basic economy, you're stuck.
Thanks for replying!

When flying domestic, AA Basic economy, I have been able to select Main Cabin Extra. So when flying Intl, I cannot do that?
Old May 1, 2024, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum
Thanks for replying!

When flying domestic, AA Basic economy, I have been able to select Main Cabin Extra. So when flying Intl, I cannot do that?
Yes you can select MCE. I'm talking about upgrades to Flagship Business on a Basic Econ ticket. You get every other benefit.
Old May 1, 2024, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Sure you can: MCE is not considered an "upgrade."
azfanboy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.