Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

CLT-LHR direct tomorrow night, or through PHL for ~100k fewer miles...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CLT-LHR direct tomorrow night, or through PHL for ~100k fewer miles...?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2024, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jerseytom
I didn't even realize there was a later CLT-PHL flight that would have still set me up to take my original PHL-LHR leg. I hope that was totally full, sold out, and not a really obvious option that got missed. I'll assume the agents and rebooking system are thorough with this stuff.
Even good agents can sometimes miss things, especially when you're in a time crunch. In instances like these I never rely 100% on the agent to tell me what's available or what's not.

And irrops rebookings are another example where ExpertFlyer can pay dividends as you can look up flight availability in real time and at a much more granular level, rather than clunking through aa.com or another interface.

If you had been able to check EF right when your 1st flight got into to trouble you would have seen exactly how many seats were available on the later PHL flight, as well as the DFW connection that I mentioned last night. You approach the agent and rather than letting them search around and maybe find something or maybe not, you tell them exactly where to look.

"I'm going to LHR, my connecting flight to PHL is delayed and need rebooking, please check AA1234 to DFW then LHR leaving in 45 mins!"
wrp96 and jerseytom like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.