Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA DFW覧>HND F Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by javabytes
If you’ve got the stomach for it, the other play here is book two one ways on AA. Wait for schedule changes to change routings if needed. Watch for prices to drop between now and November. Starting 14 days out watch for JL space. Rebook as appropriate.
This approach works quite reliably for both F and J IME, but the party is bound to end (or get less attractive) at some point. Breaking up tickets into one ways is important because optimal inbound inventory is unlikely to exist until you're already in Japan.

Wrt the "stomach for it," while a lot of my friends and colleagues think that I'm brave or nuts to approach flights with such uncertainty, it's honestly never been that big of a deal, and I've always had insurance flights to fall back on (never had to resort to using them yet, though).
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by javabytes
If you致e got the stomach for it, the other play here is book two one ways on AA. Wait for schedule changes to change routings if needed. Watch for prices to drop between now and November. Starting 14 days out watch for JL space. Rebook as appropriate.

Also keep an eye on cash tickets for the return. I've canceled some return award flights due to crazy good one way deals in J/F.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 11:43 pm

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the OP's trip plays DIRECTLY into one of the sweetest remaining spots of AA's frequent flyer program.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 2:07 am

There's a handful of J11 DFW-HND F award flights available Nov-Feb. Not phantom; I just successfully put one on hold.

Act quickly. In the time I booked mine, availability went from 10-15 flights in Jan/Feb, to maybe 5 now.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 6:45 am

Programs: DL DM 2mm, AA EXP mm, UA SL, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Lampsaw
We are planning a trip to Japan and are curious as to the first class experience. We haven稚 traveled internationally in years and realize that it痴 not what it was.

The flight is DFW-HND , November 1 to 15th on a 787-9.

This will probably be our last international long haul trip, so we want to splurge.

We are also considering UA and JAL, but the cost is an extra 5k in price, we not sure if it痴 worth the extra $$.

Thanks.
JAL currently offers first class DFW - HND service with a 777-300. Starting in May JAL is upgrading the service to the new A350-1000 (A351) with new seats in all classes including suites with doors in F and J. I've flown A351 J HND - JFK and the new suite is amazing. The F suite is even more over the top. Paying a little more for F or J on the A351 is worth it.
moondog likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:15 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
I致e flown JL J 3x (one way) and F 5x over the last 30 months. Never has the cabin approached 80 degrees. Only one time did I think it was warm, and that was in F and the FAs did turn the temperature down.
I took 4 long haul JL J segments last year and another 4 the year before and none have been too hot. I did bring a USB for them, but honestly with the usb fan on medium speed, I was actually quite chilly and able to snuggle up with their duvet for great sleep. I think JL did get the message about warm cabins and have taken action unlike some other carriers (KE, TK, etc).
CMTinPHL likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 12:45 pm

On my November flight in J on a 787, I was surprised to have my most sublime airplane sleep ever; the cabin environment was simply well optimized for me, I guess
fender5787 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Originally Posted by salsa
JAL currently offers first class DFW - HND service with a 777-300. Starting in May JAL is upgrading the service to the new A350-1000 (A351) with new seats in all classes including suites with doors in F and J. I've flown A351 J HND - JFK and the new suite is amazing. The F suite is even more over the top. Paying a little more for F or J on the A351 is worth it.
Paying a little more for first?

JAL or AA business class DFW-HND round trip is $10,000 but first class on JAL is $24,000. $14,000 more isn't a "little more".

The business class or first class on JAL, albeit the new planes or the old planes, is very nice.
Antarius likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by view-with-a-room
Paying a little more for first?

JAL or AA business class DFW-HND round trip is $10,000 but first class on JAL is $24,000. $14,000 more isn't a "little more".
80k v 60k miles is what we mean by "a little more". Granted, the new 350s are still unicorns for the most part, but 777 F honestly isn't such a great hardship.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.