Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loyalty Points in new Business Program

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2024, 8:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, BA GOLD, Flying blue Platinum,Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador.
I am in the same boat, Company spends around 750 K on the card.

I have no interest in my employees getting the LP points. They hardly travel. The LP points were one of the reasons we spent so much on the card. It is now rendered useless. AA did not think this through most small business owners are not interested in their employees getting Loyalty points. Perhaps enterprise businesses but that’s a whole different story. Very silly change.
sonora likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:11 pm

I had the same problem. you may consider the Barclay business AA MC that accrues all LP and AA miles for all cards [primary and employees] directly into the primary AA account.
goldengate likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nicolawca
I had the same problem. you may consider the Barclay business AA MC that accrues all LP and AA miles for all cards [primary and employees] directly into the primary AA account.
It's no longer available for new applicants. The only AA business card is the Citi one right now.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
Switch to the Barclays AA Business card. From what I can tell I am going to continue to earn all of the LP's from business spending on that card and all authorized users. Only Citi is changing.

Edit: I guess I missed that they are no longer taking new applicants. I just got it a few months ago.

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; Apr 29, 2024 at 1:30 pm
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
OP, if the business is small enough, just have everyone charge to your card #. Then you will get all the miles and LP. If you are the owner, you can set your own rules for company CC use.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
OP, if the business is small enough, just have everyone charge to your card #. Then you will get all the miles and LP. If you are the owner, you can set your own rules for company CC use.
We were kind of going to do that, but I can't get the business website to work long enough to "register my business". I am unable to get anyone on the phone to help. EXP line tried to transfer me to a helper but that did not work. I was told the only way is to talk to the chatbot, which is useless.

I have gotten the Amex card and we are going to go forward with that. Now it is just a bit of a pain to transfer all of our accounts to be paid with it. The big ones are easy, but there are a lot of little ones like parking apps etc.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 75K, UA 1MM Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, National EE, Hertz PC
For my business I found Chase to be very valuable if you pair a business card with a personal card. I certainly find far more value in transferring to UA or AC than DL with AmEx, and transferring the points to Hyatt is one of the best values out there. Ink Business Preferred gets triple points on online ad spend (we spend about $70k/yr on google and microsoft advertising), telecom, and travel (We spend another $80k/yr on non AA travel). Easily rack up 500-600k points on this card and then put another $200k on the AA card for the LP. One nice thing about the chase points is that if you use them to pay for travel - get a Chase Sapphire Reserve card - because once transferred to that card's balance the points are worth 1.5c each instead of 1.25c each. And then when I book hotels for other people for trade shows and stuff, I book it through the chase portal with my CSR card (10 points / $) and probably rack up another 200k points/yr from that.

Of course, YMMV - but if you're giving up on the LP I think it is worth a look. I much prefer it to the AmEx.
sonora and HaleiwaFlyer like this.

Last edited by elCheapoDeluxe; May 1, 2024 at 1:11 pm Reason: Fix typo
Old May 12, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Per https://www.aa.com/web/i18n/aadvanta...-it-works.html, it says "Transfer miles* from the business account to employees for flights, upgrades, car rentals and more."

Is there any fee to do this transfer, and can the miles be transferred to the business owner's AA account (which is linked by default), or only to other employees ?

Never mind, I found the answers in the PDF https://www.aa.com/content/images/aa...and-redeem.pdf

Last edited by maxmin; May 12, 2024 at 12:54 pm Reason: No longer relevant
Old May 13, 2024, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat
I feel like this program goes from bad to worse. We are not going to qualify as we don't have five active travelers. They have sent me a letter telling me they are going to cancel our cards if we don't register. I am unable to register because the website crashes mid registration every time I try.

We are working on switching everything to our new Amex. There are a couple of things (parking apps) that don't take amex and we will use personal cards for those if Citi cancels us. I have had these cards since 2007, average spend of 30-40k per month, never missed a payment. I guess we are not a big enough customer for Citi and AA to care about us.
Old May 13, 2024, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by sonora
I feel like this program goes from bad to worse. We are not going to qualify as we don't have five active travelers. They have sent me a letter telling me they are going to cancel our cards if we don't register. I am unable to register because the website crashes mid registration every time I try.

We are working on switching everything to our new Amex. There are a couple of things (parking apps) that don't take amex and we will use personal cards for those if Citi cancels us. I have had these cards since 2007, average spend of 30-40k per month, never missed a payment. I guess we are not a big enough customer for Citi and AA to care about us.
The credit card should waive the need for 5 travelers.

I agree that the rollout has been garbage and the new program is worse than the old BE. However, it is still a chance to double dip, so I'll take it over nothing.
Old Jul 1, 2024, 6:02 pm

Programs: EXP,EX-CK 2.5mm, now lifetime Platinum, ex-UA1K, Marriott- Platinum, Hertz 5*
It looks like as of today they may have realized they screwed up and have now included this "promotion" through the end of the year:

"Through this special offer, Primary Cardmembers can earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 Loyalty Point earned by registered Authorized Users on eligible business card purchases, between June 1, 2024 – December 31, 2024. Adding new Authorized Users during the promotion period can accelerate your Loyalty Point earn even further."

Check your email... when this goes away, I will be using the Aviator for our business expenses.
Old Jul 11, 2024, 8:25 pm

Loyalty Points

This is very upsetting. It is my business not my employees. I have see several people getting upset with this change. It makes no sense to give my loyalty points to my employees. I am the loyal customer not them. I am the one making the decision to use Citi and American Airlines. I hundreds of other customers experiencing same issue will start to look for other options or other airlines.

If anyone can recommend other credit card options or airlines, please do.

Old Jul 11, 2024, 11:06 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by goldengate
It looks like as of today they may have realized they screwed up and have now included this "promotion" through the end of the year:

"Through this special offer, Primary Cardmembers can earn 1 Loyalty Point for every 1 Loyalty Point earned by registered Authorized Users on eligible business card purchases, between June 1, 2024 – December 31, 2024. Adding new Authorized Users during the promotion period can accelerate your Loyalty Point earn even further."

Check your email... when this goes away, I will be using the Aviator for our business expenses.
Yeah, I saw this. We've been putting a lot of bills on the AA card at my business (we've split the spend between AA, DL, and Hyatt because of low starting credit limits [only AA offered a decent starting limit; Amex only gave us $10k] - later this month I'm going to try to get the DL limit increased). I'm going to check with my administrative assistant and see if she has an AA card, and if so have her start putting spend on her authorized user card so we can double-dip (because, why not?). This would, of course, likely result in the farce of her getting EXP with zero personal spending on the airline.

Really, what they should do is put the LPs into the business account and allow the owner to pick who gets them, like with the earned miles. Of course, that would risk some mid-sized businesses that are capital heavy/headcount light just giving half of the staff EXP...
Old Jul 12, 2024, 3:16 am

Have anyone's AUs received LPs so far?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.