Wiki Posts
Search

Disappearing PNR

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Disappearing PNR

I am due to travel to the US in couple of months and had everything sorted.

Unfortunately my cell caught fire yesterday and although it was backed up, I have lost all the details on the AA phone app.

I have four sets of flights on AA and I have found and entered all the PNRs without issue except one. However, my transatlantic trip is a different matter. I had two separate PNR codes for the flights although it is one ticket. The first covered the trip to my outbound destination (FLG) and the second covered the return via PHX. Having battled with AA.Com and BA.com I was able to come up with a second PNR but it is definitely different than the original and now only starts in PHX missing out the start at FLG.

Is there a way to find the correct PNR for the return?

It is a 001-American Airlines ticket booked on AA.com

Many thanks

AQ
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:20 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
I am due to travel to the US in couple of months and had everything sorted.

Unfortunately my cell caught fire yesterday and although it was backed up, I have lost all the details on the AA phone app.

I have four sets of flights on AA and I have found and entered all the PNRs without issue except one. However, my transatlantic trip is a different matter. I had two separate PNR codes for the flights although it is one ticket. The first covered the trip to my outbound destination (FLG) and the second covered the return via PHX. Having battled with AA.Com and BA.com I was able to come up with a second PNR but it is definitely different than the original and now only starts in PHX missing out the start at FLG.

Is there a way to find the correct PNR for the return?

It is a 001-American Airlines ticket booked on AA.com

Many thanks

AQ
Did you book with AA? If so:
Do you have the ticket number? You can enter the ticket number in here, instead of the PNR: https://www.aa.com/reservation/view/...sveLink=header
If you have your credit card statement, the PDF version should show the information as well (may vary by bank).
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S80
Did you book with AA? If so:
Do you have the ticket number? You can enter the ticket number in here, instead of the PNR: https://www.aa.com/reservation/view/...sveLink=header
If you have your credit card statement, the PDF version should show the information as well (may vary by bank).
Yes it was booked with AA. I tried putting the ticket number in as you suggest but that was where I got the new PNR and start from. I've got the original receipt which shows FLG in both directions and funnily enough the BA app missed the FLG return point off but AA didn't originally.

I'll have try and speak to AA on the phone tomorrow I think!

AQ
formeraa likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:41 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alwaysquestions
Yes it was booked with AA. I tried putting the ticket number in as you suggest but that was where I got the new PNR and start from. I've got the original receipt which shows FLG in both directions and funnily enough the BA app missed the FLG return point off but AA didn't originally.

I'll have try and speak to AA on the phone tomorrow I think!

AQ
Yes, BA's app (and otherwise horrible IT) is known to just not include flights that aren't AA.

For each itinerary you should have 1 ticket number (starting in 001), and 2 PNRs, one on AA and one on BA. You don't need to worry about the BA one except for the purpose of assigning seats, the AA one is the only one that matters.

I'm a bit confused about where you are at right now in terms of finding what you need, so I don't know what else to suggest (unless you haven't checked your card statements), but AA should be able to find your PNRs.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 4:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I take it you booked directly on the AA website but do not have an AAdvantage number?
Old Mar 25, 2024, 5:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jayer
I take it you booked directly on the AA website but do not have an AAdvantage number?
That's correct, booked on AA.com and am BA Gold no AAdvantage number.

However, I have an update.

I picked up my scribble pad just now to get all the flight numbers. I noticed I'd made notes on it regards booking seats and found the missing PNR. I then put this into the app and lo and behold the whole route appeared with all 9 flights.

I now have 3 AA PNRs and a BA one, what a brilliant system Oneworld have!

All I've got to remember now is to use the correct one to check in!

Regards

AQ
Antarius, formeraa and apeortdz like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Glad it resolved itself for you.

I've had similar problems in reverse (although no flaming electronic devices involved). Infrequent flyer on BA, but have always sent the points to AA.

Two different BA numbers have disappeared over the years; most recently between last spring and this spring. Can't track the reservations on BA website even with a PNR and a BA loyalty number. But after a several day delay following booking the next flight, and the next flight only, becomes visible on the phone ap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.