Community
Wiki Posts
Search

any grace period for Executive platinum

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:59 am
Original Poster

any grace period for Executive platinum

I ended february about 25,000 points short of Executive Platinum. I will earn additional 30,000 loyalty points in March. Any chance American uses March as an exception month to earn EP this year?
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by johndish
I ended february about 25,000 points short of Executive Platinum. I will earn additional 30,000 loyalty points in March. Any chance American uses March as an exception month to earn EP this year?
No chance, unless the 30K are backdated to February, particularly when you fall short by that much (25K is not an insignificant percentage of the requirement). But your 30K LPs in March will certainly give you a head start on the new qualification year.

Welcome to PPro!

Regards
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:04 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
I agree with scubadu
You can always call Aadvantage customer service (not reservations) and ask. My guess is a hard no…. But perhaps they may offer you a challenge (earn x amount in y amount of time)???

Worth a shot.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Welcome to FT. No chance, as noted above.

Even back years ago when AA did grant free exceptions, it was usually only if you were within about 1,000 miles short. 25k is a huge gap.

If you really want EXP you can always see what your offer is to buy up: 2024 Buy status / Status Boost (through March of 2025?)
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
I'd say your changes are non-existent. You could have easily earned those 25K LPs though AA eshopping for a lot less than actually flying. Try to look at eshopping offers often as they can easily help you to get to the next tier.

Also, the Citi Executive card would have given you a free 20K boost once you reached 90,000 loyalty points.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Your grace period is here... with a fee: https://status.aa.com/
Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:03 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
OP has asked a very specific question. This thread has gone completely off-topic, but instead of closing, Im opting to leave this open a little longer in case the OP would like to follow-up on their question.

(Many off-topic posts have been deleted. Repeated thread hijackings may result in suspension of posting privileges.)

/Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.