Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Preferred Seat Coupon / Priority Privileges Loyalty Point Reward?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2024, 7:20 pm
Original Poster

So I had a large purchase to make for my business and put it on my AA credit card for the status. I went from nothing straight to gold. Apparently, along the way, at the 15k level, I get to choose either (A) Priority Privileges and Group 4 boarding for one trip or (B) 5 preferred seat coupons.
My understanding though is that both benefits are automatically applied to me and anyone else traveling with me now that I'm gold, so while these benefits might be a good gimmick to give someone a "taste" of Gold status and maybe entice them to spend more on the CC, it's pretty much useless to me right?
The only thing I can think of is if I am buying a family member a ticket to come out and see me from my account online, then maybe it'll let me use the preferred seat coupons or the Priority status on their itinerary? Since I'm not traveling with them, my gold benefits don't automatically apply, but I'm not sure if the coupons are tied to my AA number or if anyone I buy a ticket for can use them?

I'm pretty sure the other benefits (like my free checked back with CC) are tied to me personally, and not the card. No idea if these "rewards" are tied to me personally or just to my account.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by WuLabsWuTecH
So I had a large purchase to make for my business and put it on my AA credit card for the status. I went from nothing straight to gold. Apparently, along the way, at the 15k level, I get to choose either (A) Priority Privileges and Group 4 boarding for one trip or (B) 5 preferred seat coupons.
My understanding though is that both benefits are automatically applied to me and anyone else traveling with me now that I'm gold, so while these benefits might be a good gimmick to give someone a "taste" of Gold status and maybe entice them to spend more on the CC, it's pretty much useless to me right?
The only thing I can think of is if I am buying a family member a ticket to come out and see me from my account online, then maybe it'll let me use the preferred seat coupons or the Priority status on their itinerary? Since I'm not traveling with them, my gold benefits don't automatically apply, but I'm not sure if the coupons are tied to my AA number or if anyone I buy a ticket for can use them?

I'm pretty sure the other benefits (like my free checked back with CC) are tied to me personally, and not the card. No idea if these "rewards" are tied to me personally or just to my account.
The 15K awards are tied to you personally, meaning that you have to be on the reservation to use them. They are useless to any member who has elite status.
TWA884 and LowValueCustomer like this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
The 15K awards are tied to you personally, meaning that you have to be on the reservation to use them. They are useless to any member who has elite status.
Yes - if you have status, they are of absolutely no use. The only people who could find them useful are those with no status. It's a shame that AA doesn't give either an alternate choice for those with status or, at least, allow you to gift them to friends and family for use when you are NOT on the itinerary/record locator. Of course, the latter may lead to a market for them which AA would not like.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:42 am

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
But starting this year, he should have an additional reward option of 1,000 LPs, correct?
JMN57 likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by CJ99
But starting this year, he should have an additional reward option of 1,000 LPs, correct?
thats what it says on .com
Old Apr 2, 2024, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Are preferred seat coupons usable for MCE at booking for a Gold member or just for the preferred seats?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CJ99
At the 15k LP level?

I don't see it on my options for this year (crossed 15k for the new year)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.