Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA ending Mobile ID option with Airside app on April 5??

AA ending Mobile ID option with Airside app on April 5??

Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Angry AA ending Mobile ID option with Airside app on April 5??

Just saw this in my Airside app. Anyone have more information, or know if Mobile ID will be available for AA flyers elsewhere?

Would be a big loss for travelers going through DCA, as if you had Mobile ID you could basically skip right to the front of the Precheck line.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:38 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brain615
Just saw this in my Airside app. Anyone have more information, or know if Mobile ID will be available for AA flyers elsewhere?

Would be a big loss for travelers going through DCA, as if you had Mobile ID you could basically skip right to the front of the Precheck line.
I don't know for sure, but I believe it just was a pilot for DCA precheck and DFW AC, maybe there wasn't enough uptake, especially given the limited scope.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond

DCA is my second most used US airport. I don't think I've ever waited more the 3-5 minutes in the Precheck line. Hardly seems like losing a way to "skip" to the front of that line is much of a loss.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat
Long lines are becoming more and more common. Multiple times in the last few months the precheck line has filled the entire stanchioned area and then stretched back nearly to the escalators. (And when that happens, the Clear line is also generally just as long). So yeah, the loss of the dedicated Airside app lane will really stink during those times when it matters.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:12 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
TSA has been piloting a digital ID program with DL and UA; I can see that rolling out more broadly in lieu of programs lIke this one.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Long lines are becoming more and more common. Multiple times in the last few months the precheck line has filled the entire stanchioned area and then stretched back nearly to the escalators. (And when that happens, the Clear line is also generally just as long). So yeah, the loss of the dedicated Airside app lane will really stink during those times when it matters.
Precheck is totally time dependent. I too have seen it snake all the way out of the stanchioned area. I've also seen it the past month where I waited maybe 3 mins tops. Clear was a crisis zone. The rationale behind Clear is becoming decidedly unclear.
brain615 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 7:48 am

Programs: AA Plt Pro (2MM)
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Precheck is totally time dependent. I too have seen it snake all the way out of the stanchioned area. I've also seen it the past month where I waited maybe 3 mins tops. Clear was a crisis zone. The rationale behind Clear is becoming decidedly unclear.
Agree on it being time dependent. I do still like Clear @ DCA...has always been faster than the Precheck line when I've been thru there; was a life saver @ MCO this past weekend. I acknowledge there have been some short waits from time to time which always seem to be an issue of not enough Ambassadors. We'll see how it is when I travel out tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.