Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

American Air Schedule Change - no notification

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:07 am
Original Poster

For the past two years whether I use travel awards or pay for flights I am not receiving schedule change notifications.

Have talked to AA tech support. They ensure me all is well. Nope.

Have been rerouted, new city, new equipment, time changes large and small. I get confirmation emails on initial purchase. I get emails when I call and emails sent manually by representative. I have setup notify me on each leg and still nada. My friend, on a few flights, not an Advantage member has received notification. At a loss. I check my flights weekly, going to daily before I fly. All my spam go to a folder I review before deleting.

Anyone else having same? Any resolutions.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:18 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
I can't remember ever getting them. I just check all my reservations Sunday mornings since they do schedule updates Saturday nights.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Hmmm. I used to and my friend gets them. In interim using your method of checking manually. Thanks.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 6:19 am

Slightly off topic, but if one were making a booking with THE HOPE of a schedule change - does anyone know what type of time frame options you would be presented with?

For prior schedule change situations, I think I recall seeing day of and a couple days later. Are there any options that would be day prior?

Have a situation where I'd prefer to fly Saturday, but saw extremely cheap award tickets on a Sunday.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Odd. I typically do get them. Only time that I haven't is when the ticket was booked via a different platform.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by cdubz
Slightly off topic, but if one were making a booking with THE HOPE of a schedule change - does anyone know what type of time frame options you would be presented with?

For prior schedule change situations, I think I recall seeing day of and a couple days later. Are there any options that would be day prior?

Have a situation where I'd prefer to fly Saturday, but saw extremely cheap award tickets on a Sunday.
It is possible, but you may have to have a good reason, be persistent and HUCA.

The easiest case to make for a flight the day before is that the schedule change will result in you arriving too late, and that the only earlier flight from your origin (or connecting city) leaves the day before.

Even if your flight leaves at an earlier time, I have had success moving to the day before if I can't be in the air during that time period (e.g., I had an important zoom meeting scheduled before when I was originally supposed to leave that I did not want to miss). A shortened connection time can also be a good reason (as long as the flights you are looking to switch to don't have the same issue).
cdubz and ZenFlyer like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HH DIA, Hertz PC, GE + Pre✓, Amazon Super Special Prime
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I can't remember ever getting them. I just check all my reservations Sunday mornings since they do schedule updates Saturday nights.
This, pretty much my weekly Sunday AM routine:
  1. Get up.
  2. Make coffee.
  3. Check reservations.
  4. If changed, call AA after lunch.
  5. Repeat weekly for best results.

Originally Posted by cdubz

Usually 1 day before or after the original departure IF it is a single frequency per day, or less than 1x daily service.
Extenuating circumstances may allow for additional flexibility from that framework.

If you are trying to rebook LAX-DFW from Sunday to Saturday because of a schedule change, I doubt they will accommodate, given there are 6-8 flights per day on that route you could move to on your originally scheduled day of departure.
Drwaz99, cdubz and jayer like this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 10:21 am

I also routinely check all AA reservations. Last year, I discovered arrival airport had changed from HUX (Huatulco, Mexico) to OAX (Oaxaca), which is 8 hours away with no AA connections. No email, which is disappointing but not surprising. I called and had to move up the departure date.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I have flight times, flight numbers, equipment, and mainline vs. regional factors change on AA bookings regularly, with no proactive notification. I do "garden" all my reservations once or twice a week to see what AA (and other providers) might have quietly done.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 12:33 pm

Even worse, I've had at least 2 if not 3 cases where ExpertFlyer failed to notify of citi pair changes (ie: Flight 123 from AAA-ZZZ is now 456 from AAA-ZZZ because 123 is now BBB-YYY). So I guess the only good advice is to manually check your AA reservations weekly. Even with an ExpertFlyer sub.
jayer likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 4:29 pm

I get emails when the scheduled arrival time changes by a few minutes. Personally I would like a more reasonable threshold for notification.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: Jetblue, Turkish, Hilton Gold, Spirit Gold
There could be a communication issue between the AA email server used for specific alerts and your email provider.
Try adding a second email from a different provider in your AA profile , "Be Notified" section. You can also sign up for text alerts .
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, Priority Club Gold, Choice Privileges Gold
Also, remember that schedule changes notifications are processed in a queue based on travel date so if your travel is far off you may not get it for a few weeks. There is no instant gratification.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.