Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

How long until Amadeus PNR updates after changes on primary Sabre PNR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G

Hi All,

I am holding an AA-issued TPAC ticket with legs on JL (AA plated). After some AA schedule changes, which supposedly were now "accepted" on the AA/Sabre side, I am still unable to pull up the associated Amadeus PNR due to lingering "schedule changes". Using CheckMyTrip I was able to see that the SFO-JFK I was originally booked on still shows in addition to the rebooked SFO-JFK flight, so that's likely the issue.
Pulling up the Amadeus PNR on Finnair or RJ does not work at all and JAL errors out with the schedule change warning.

Is there any time frame over which this will update or are there some magic words I need to drop to AA CS or their X team to push the update into the Amadeus PNR?

Much obliged!
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:33 am

Programs: AS 100K, DL PL, B6 M3
I'd call or send a X DM to American to formally accept the schedule change if you are satisfied with the change.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 8:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by firemandan9
I'd call or send a X DM to American to formally accept the schedule change if you are satisfied with the change.
That I did - yesterday - and the Amadeus PNR is now showing the duplicate SFO-JFK flight. So while one was added, the other wasn't removed (yet).
Old Jan 4, 2024, 10:29 am

Location: AA EXP & Life Plat; AA 4MM; TWA Life Plat; HH Diamond
Sounds like AA has it in queue to be reticketed. Often it will sit in that double booked state until the reissue is completed. Could sit for a couple of days as they probably have to get the partner liasion to look at it...my guess.
cvision likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
The magic word could be 'reissue the ticket and clean up the record'. The agent can remove the TK (or HK?) segments on the AA side, but whether the change will propagate to JAL is unclear. On JAL/Amadeus, the AA legs are probably listed as Info Segments (not active/live) anyway, so however it appears doesn't really matter.

Not sure if the effort is worth it though. If the JAL flight has not changed, and there is no double booking on JAL, and you have a seat on JAL that you like, the purpose is mostly to be able to view the reservation on the JAL website
cvision likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nyc6035
Sounds like AA has it in queue to be reticketed. Often it will sit in that double booked state until the reissue is completed. Could sit for a couple of days as they probably have to get the partner liasion to look at it...my guess.
It could be that it's sitting in the queue since the travel is not until March, but I'm also not sure if it actually needs to be reticketed, since they just amend the flight number/times in the reservation, the underlying coupons and routing stay the same. Since it's also all AA plated and it's JV shouldn't involve the liaisons, maybe.

Originally Posted by shd9
The magic word could be 'reissue the ticket and clean up the record'. The agent can remove the TK (or HK?) segments on the AA side, but whether the change will propagate to JAL is unclear. On JAL/Amadeus, the AA legs are probably listed as Info Segments (not active/live) anyway, so however it appears doesn't really matter.
Not sure if the effort is worth it though. If the JAL flight has not changed, and there is no double booking on JAL, and you have a seat on JAL that you like, the purpose is mostly to be able to view the reservation on the JAL website
Yes, I thought about that exactly. I do have decent seats on all JAL flights so not overly worried but wanted to verify / check them as well as meal selections, eventually. So I'll give it another few days or weeks and see if the ticket number changes and then have AA take a look again if not resolved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.