Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2024 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2024, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
YVR-DFW. Lazy crew, food was average but adequate, no pro-active refills.

Last edited by seanp7; May 9, 2024 at 1:04 pm
Old May 9, 2024, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by powerupmushroom
Awesome. Thanks and have a safe flight!
Update: they didnt have the menu I reserved. Ended up with short rib with lobster mac and aspargus. Good, just not what I was anticipating.
Old May 10, 2024, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by mileshound
Going LHR-DFW in F next month with an 8:40am departure. Only a breakfast is listed on the meal choices. Its a10hr flight. Will there also be a lunch or a snack that doesn't have a pre-order option??
Im doing that flight in June, how was the F breakfast? Id just as soon not get up early enough to eat in a lounge, but I will if the one on the plane is not good. TIA
Old May 10, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Anyone had the Texas BBQ yet? These are my options and so far I've opted for the BBQ

Texas BBQbeef brisket, smoked sausage, mashed potatoes with sweet corn, green beans, pickled onions
Herbed filled Chickenpesto genovese sauce, orzo risoni with saffron, asparagus, cherry tomatoes
Roasted Cod Filetbutter sauce, beetroot barley risotto, sauteed kale, caper berries
Pasta Quadroni Capresepomodoro sauce, sauteed spinach, yellow pickled peppers, red sweet drops peppers, parmesan cheese
Learn about premium dining
Old May 10, 2024, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
Just had it yesterday AA81 LHR-DFW. As a proud Texan, I was surprised at the quality of the dish. Mainly the quality of the variety of meats.

Originally Posted by miadukes
Anyone had the Texas BBQ yet? These are my options and so far I've opted for the BBQ

Texas BBQbeef brisket, smoked sausage, mashed potatoes with sweet corn, green beans, pickled onions
Herbed filled Chickenpesto genovese sauce, orzo risoni with saffron, asparagus, cherry tomatoes
Roasted Cod Filetbutter sauce, beetroot barley risotto, sauteed kale, caper berries
Pasta Quadroni Capresepomodoro sauce, sauteed spinach, yellow pickled peppers, red sweet drops peppers, parmesan cheese
Learn about premium dining
Old May 10, 2024, 9:30 pm

Though I have to say… the “masehd” potatoes were also good. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

ryanbriar likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
Though I have to say the masehd potatoes were also good. 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Someone should have F7d the menu before printing! That looks exponentially better than this BBQ thing I had on my JFK-SFO flight in F.
econometrics likes this.
Old May 11, 2024, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by econometrics
Just had it yesterday AA81 LHR-DFW. As a proud Texan, I was surprised at the quality of the dish. Mainly the quality of the variety of meats.

ok WOW!! yeah that actually looks delicious!! thanks for the pic as i was fretting making a choice because honestly none of them sounded appealing knowing AA lol

But now I'm actually looking forward to trying this.
econometrics and ryanbriar like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
ok WOW!! yeah that actually looks delicious!! thanks for the pic as i was fretting making a choice because honestly none of them sounded appealing knowing AA lol

But now I'm actually looking forward to trying this.
I'm as surprised to write this as you likely are to read this... but it's worth looking forward to. They also picked a very good sauce to go with this selection of meats.

Enjoy!
miadukes likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 4:14 pm

Programs: American airlines
ATH > JFK in business
AA333 in early May, 12:30pm

I had a surprise last second upgrade from PE (actually very surprising as I did not have ANY AA status at the time of the flight) so the FA actually also brought me the PE vegetarian pasta dish that I had pre-ordered. I didnt get a picture but it was somehow burnt and cold at the same time, so was even more grateful for my upgrade! My pasta dish in regular economy on the way over was much better than the PE mess.

The fish was cooked perfect and flavorful, but as someone above mentioned also, the sauce wasinteresting. I think it was just melted butter? I accidentally spilled some on my veggies and it wasnt bad, just made everything taste like it was coated in butter.

Really enjoyed the chicken pot pie though! Was the perfect small meal to hold me over before a lounge dinner.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 11:40 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
MEX-MIA 13 March 1125 am 738 seat 2E

No PDB (late departure).

Hot towel first followed by warm nuts and drink of choice.

I had pre-ordered the eggplant rotini pasta dish and it was really good. Far better than a mushy version currently being served on UA. Other on-board choice was salmon that looked decent.

Bread basket with choice of three types of roll (white, multigrain, pumpernickel).

Dessert was like a tres leches. Perfectly fine.

Excellent crew that re-filled drinks twice.

funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 10:10 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
SYD-LAX
5/15/24
77W 3J

Menu was very blah imo but I did enjoy my choice. Dont understand why this needs to be served at 10:15am though. I had the mezze plate half way through because I was bored, it was good.
funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old May 20, 2024, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
LIM-MIA has to be ones of the worst catering quality for a 6 hour flight. Breakfast flight only had two options: (foul) "Spanish" tortilla with sausage and an 8th of roast tomato, plus synthetic industrial yoghurt (think bright pink to "signal" strawberry) and a jam which feels like almost pure sugar. The croissant/bread were actually ok.

As usual with AA J, no Champagne but (warm) sweetish cava, poor quality orange juice, and I also wish they loaded tequila.
Old May 20, 2024, 10:08 am

FRA-DFW Mid June. Any suggestions? Was leaning towards the chicken.
Old May 22, 2024, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Le_Champion
I am taking the same flight LAX - SYD in a couple weeks. What is the verdict on the least worst option?
Did you take your flight? Which one did you go with? I'm flying SYD-LAX in a couple of weeks, and I'm less than impressed with this menu. There's nothing here I want to eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.