Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Question on closing date for Loyalty Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question on closing date for Loyalty Points

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2023, 9:46 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I had always assumed that that retro adjustment was a one time courtesy as people got used to the new program.

But this email from AA seems to directly contradict that.
This would be slightly different than what was done February/March this year where the earnings counted in both years, the language certainly implies the LP only count in one year, the date the transaction occurs on.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 12:24 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by Beckles
This would be slightly different than what was done February/March this year where the earnings counted in both years, the language certainly implies the LP only count in one year, the date the transaction occurs on.
Let us hope AA and Citi keep their end of the bargain- a lot of my LPs are going to post in Feb after the statement date
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:51 pm

I have a big purchase that is coincidentally due on March 1st - I'm assuming that'll count to 2025 status (1st day of new earning year)? Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HonkyRed
I have a big purchase that is coincidentally due on March 1st - I'm assuming that'll count to 2025 status (1st day of new earning year)? Thanks
If the charge is made on the 1st, then yes.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:32 am

Found on the AA website today

How March statements work?

As an example, if your monthly AAdvantage® credit card statement closes on March 5 (which includes purchases posted to your credit card account between February 6 and March 5), all the Loyalty Points earned from purchases made between February 6 through 29 will count toward 2024 status. All Loyalty Points earned between March 1 and 5 count toward the 2025 qualification year.

It may take up to 8 – 10 weeks after March 5 to post to your account, in this example
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:55 am

If I fly in March as PP and cross the line to EXP retroactively in April with a Feb 29 LP posting, will my flight earnings be updated? Any DP on this from last year?
Old Mar 2, 2024, 6:05 am

Programs: AA, but I play the field
Originally Posted by S Thomas

How March statements work?

As an example, if your monthly AAdvantage® credit card statement closes on March 5 (which includes purchases posted to your credit card account between February 6 and March 5), all the Loyalty Points earned from purchases made between February 6 through 29 will count toward 2024 status. All Loyalty Points earned between March 1 and 5 count toward the 2025 qualification year.

It may take up to 8 – 10 weeks after March 5 to post to your account, in this example
Yes. The above text is identical to what was sent in the email referenced in post #9 above. It's been discussed more extensively here: LPs for AA Credit Card Spend in February – New Rule for 2024

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.