Wiki Posts
Search

Envoy Air - Any Feedback?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2023, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Envoy Air - Any Feedback?

First time flying on Envoy Air. Googled them and found in 2021 FAA found“consistent evidence showing potential lack of airmanship,” unsafe and poor piloting by multiple Envoy Air flight crews over the past two years.

Anyone have any recent experiences on them?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by anngi
First time flying on Envoy Air. Googled them and found in 2021 FAA found“consistent evidence showing potential lack of airmanship,” unsafe and poor piloting by multiple Envoy Air flight crews over the past two years.

I'm guessing nearly everyone in this forum has flown on them. I like their planes, myself.
anngi, AAway and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
I've flown them many times. I tend to think if there was some major issue, the FAA would not let them to continue to fly.
anngi and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Envoy was formerly American Eagle. It's been around forever and almost everyone has flown on them at some point or the other.
anngi, AAway and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 11:18 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
I would be substantially more concerned about the travel to/from the airport if you are in a car.
Daze, Antarius, LBBflyer and 7 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)

Yes, a handful of segments over the last few weeks. Nice, clean planes. Nothing bad happened and the couple late flights were ATC delays.
wrp96 and anngi like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:50 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Antarius
Envoy was formerly American Eagle. It's been around forever and almost everyone has flown on them at some point or the other.
And wholly owned by American Airlines Group
wrp96, moondog, Antarius and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 6:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
They are perfectly safe, just like every other commercial airline in the US. With any Google searching, you'll find safety complaints on any airline. I wouldn't make a decision on booking a flight based on safety concerns.

You have a significantly higher chance of being injured/killed with any other mode of transportation in the US. As per a Northwestern University study, "Excluding acts of suicide and terrorism, commercial aviation was the safest mode of travel in the United States, with 0.07 fatalities per billion passenger miles: 'A person who took a 500-mile flight every single day for a year, would have a fatality risk of 1 in 85,000.' "
Old Nov 4, 2023, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I'd challenge you to see how many other similar FAA 'findings' you can find. There's nothing at all wrong with Envoy, and especially if you fly up front, typically better service than mainline.

I find myself somewhat regularly flying on some questionable carriers, but certainly not Envoy and really anyone flying domestic in the mainland US.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 9:43 am

With the exception of flying Envoy Air on the E145, I have had very good experiences. The E175/E170 are by far the best regional jets operated by the AA's regionals, and the single seats on the left side of the E175/E170 are the best non-lie flat first class seats of all of AA's domestic fleet. Upgrades tend to be more plentiful than on mainline due to the ratio of economy to first class seats. Plus the E175/E170 allow for normal sized rollerboards to be carried on and stowed in the overhead bins on the plane, while those same bags normally are required to be gate checked on the CRJ fleet operated by the other regionals.

The service has usually been very good, with a pre-departure beverage normally served in first class. On my last Envoy air flight, I was late in boarding and the first class cabin crew made room for me by storing a bag in the crew compartment. So all-in, I actually seek out flights on Envoy's E175/E170 planes, particularly instead of the A319 mainline. I will avoid the E145 unless that is the only option.
MarkY123 and AAway like this.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Isn't this the type of place commercial pilots start their careers? Nothing wrong with that as a good friend is now going through the process.
Old Nov 4, 2023, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
With the exception of flying Envoy Air on the E145, I have had very good experiences.
Aw I feel like I have to come in and defend the E145. Yes it seems claustrophobic but the seats themselves are not bad.
I'd take the solo exit row "A" seat over any MCE seat in the AA narrowbody fleet and any regular "A" seat over any regular AA narrowbody seat. The 2-seater side of the aisle is tight.

The bathrooms are also downright spacious compared to today's 737MAX/A321 standards, if you don't hit your head on the way over to it.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Thank you for the responses. Flight was fine. Kind flight attendant. FYI, overhead compartments are narrow.
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Thank you for the responses. Flight was fine. Kind flight attendant. FYI, overhead compartments are narrow.
E145?
Old Nov 5, 2023, 3:46 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dc10forlife
With the exception of flying Envoy Air on the E145, I have had very good experiences. The E175/E170 are by far the best regional jets operated by the AA's regionals, and the single seats on the left side of the E175/E170 are the best non-lie flat first class seats of all of AA's domestic fleet. Upgrades tend to be more plentiful than on mainline due to the ratio of economy to first class seats. Plus the E175/E170 allow for normal sized rollerboards to be carried on and stowed in the overhead bins on the plane, while those same bags normally are required to be gate checked on the CRJ fleet operated by the other regionals.

The service has usually been very good, with a pre-departure beverage normally served in first class. On my last Envoy air flight, I was late in boarding and the first class cabin crew made room for me by storing a bag in the crew compartment. So all-in, I actually seek out flights on Envoy's E175/E170 planes, particularly instead of the A319 mainline. I will avoid the E145 unless that is the only option.
Originally Posted by moondog
E145?
Envoy is all E170/175 now - I had the pleasure of being on the last Envoy ERJ145 flight back at the end of May (along with the FA who flew the first Envoy ERJ145 flight in 1998): https://www.envoyair.com/2023/06/02/...-145-at-envoy/

Piedmont is now the only American Eagle branded ERJ145 operator (and they only fly the ERJ145, primarily out of CLT, but also ORD and PHL)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.