Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Promo: Additional 1 LP and 1 RDM per eligible $ AA spend on AA credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

I received a promo via email tonight for double LPs and miles if I spend on my AA credit card(s). Registration until November 6, 2023. Promo starts November 1st and ends November 30, 2023.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 8:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Johnnie Walker Blue
For me, the promo is for AA purchases only, not general spend.
Gerbs, ZenFlyer, MASTERNC and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by wnielsen1
For me, the promo is for AA purchases only, not general spend.
I think is true for everyone, and the OP might have misread the promo details. There is a lengthy discussion in this thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...l#post35687275
Old Oct 23, 2023, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Thanks for the heads up on this one, I didn't get an email that I saw, but it was in my AA profile to register. I think there's approximately a 0% chance that I'll have any AA spend in November, but you never know. As of now all of my travel through the end of Jan. is already booked so unless there's an unforeseen need I won't be doing anything else until at least March after LPs restart.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 4:11 am

Programs: AA, USAir
Just for flights.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Oops

Originally Posted by adeleswart
Just for flights.

My apologies. It is for AA purchases only.
355F1 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EXP
Mine is 1 additional LP and RDM per $ spent, not double LP/miles.
Gerbs likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 8:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
what i dont understand is the small print says that the transactions have to post to your AA card *statement* by nov 30th. not to your AA card account. So my statement cycle generates on the 8th. does that mean spending for the 1-8th is all thats going to count?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by stant
what i dont understand is the small print says that the transactions have to post to your AA card *statement* by nov 30th. not to your AA card account. So my statement cycle generates on the 8th. does that mean spending for the 1-8th is all thats going to count?
'Statement' can sometimes be used interchangeably with 'account' so I wouldn't read too much into that.

The terms are pretty clear that any eligible AA purchases from Nov 1-30 count, and that the miles must post by Dec 31.

So you should fully expect to receive the bonus miles and LP for any eligible charges you make from Nov 1-30. Eligible charges you make from Nov 9-30 will appear on your Dec 8 statement, and you will recive the miles for those purchases around that date. They are posting before Dec 31 and thus eligible for the bonus.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: PriorityPass, AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Gold
I got the email/notification of the offer too- Are they trying to generate some fun impulse buying with (what seems to be a short window for purchasing / 'statement posting')...
Zacnlinc likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 12:23 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by upinsmoke
Mine is 1 additional LP and RDM per $ spent, not double LP/miles.
This above is the one that I received....
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
This above is the one that I received....
This is probably the one everyone received, and the “double” part is a mistake/mis-interpretation. If there is in fact a different double RDM/LP promo, it would be good to see the terms here.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 1:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE, AA ExecPlat
Does anyone know how you know "which" AA credit card it applies to if your Aadvantage account had the promo? I also received the email but issue is I have two Citi AA cards, the Executive and the Platinum. Does it apply to both?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by psiachp
Does anyone know how you know "which" AA credit card it applies to if your Aadvantage account had the promo? I also received the email but issue is I have two Citi AA cards, the Executive and the Platinum. Does it apply to both?
It doesn't specify so any AAdvantage credit card should work. I've got 3 Citi cards plus the Barclays.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:34 pm

Programs: Bonvoy ambassador - lifetime plat / Hilton diamond / hyatt globalist / AA CK baby!
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
'Statement' can sometimes be used interchangeably with 'account' so I wouldn't read too much into that.

The terms are pretty clear that any eligible AA purchases from Nov 1-30 count, and that the miles must post by Dec 31.

So you should fully expect to receive the bonus miles and LP for any eligible charges you make from Nov 1-30. Eligible charges you make from Nov 9-30 will appear on your Dec 8 statement, and you will recive the miles for those purchases around that date. They are posting before Dec 31 and thus eligible for the bonus.
Ok if that's the case, does it mean you need to have the miles you get for credit card spend to post by Dec 31, or are they talking miles for the flights? In other words, could I buy tickets for next year and have them qualify so long as I do the transaction in the November / December window?

I normally don't nitpick verbiage but this one seems to be the sloppiest worded I've ever seen.
​​
cmtlatitudes likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.