Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIA really doesn't like me

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2023 | 9:10 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
We flew in and out of Terminal E on Alaska twice last week with no issues whatsoever. I guess being away from the AA madness helped.
Old Sep 15, 2023 | 6:04 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, QR Gold, UA 1K, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Ahhh. That where I got lost as a native. Natives would have probably used Naperville or even Valpo if attempting hyperbole.

Taxi times might be long, but Ill take them over the airports previous configuration 10-15 years ago. Back then the winds of an odd direction or IFR conditions would cause 1-2 hour FAA delay programs regularly. Believe me that an additional 10 minutes taxiing beats sitting in the penalty box for hours at your origin waiting for the wheels up time.
The official ORD penalty box (as it was noted in the charts) is now gone and is used as storage for equipment and whatnot for the new terminal.

At least MIA weather is generally nice, as long as you avoid the hurricanes and afternoon storms.
Old Sep 15, 2023 | 9:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited10 Years on Site

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
MIA or CLT are usually the mandatory stops for the Caribbean unfortunately, so hard to avoid...
Old Sep 16, 2023 | 8:54 am
Original Poster
15 Years on Site

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by S80
The official ORD penalty box (as it was noted in the charts) is now gone and is used as storage for equipment and whatnot for the new terminal.

At least MIA weather is generally nice, as long as you avoid the hurricanes and afternoon storms.
We did sit for a while in some sort of side area the other day waiting for a good 20good planes to clear the alley.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.