Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Until how soon before a flight can you cancel it online?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Yesterday, about 90 minutes before a flight (which was significantly delayed), I tried to cancel the flight online but a message appeared, stating that it was too late and I'd need to call AA.

Is there fixed a cutoff time after which it's too late to cancel a flight online (or in the app)?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2023, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Yesterday, about 90 minutes before a flight (which was significantly delayed), I tried to cancel the flight online but a message appeared, stating that it was too late and I'd need to call AA.

Is there fixed a cutoff time after which it's too late to cancel a flight online (or in the app)?

Thanks!
You should be able to cancel online anytime up to the originally scheduled departure time. I have definitely cancelled flights online before that were well within 60 mins to departure.

Your issue is most likely that the flight was delayed so aa.com won't let you do a lot of stuff if you're past the originally scheduled departure time. You have to call or see an agent at the airport.

I ran into a similar issue trying to check in, had a flight about 2 weeks ago that was delayed by 3 hours, I never checked in and when I tried to do it about 1.5 hrs before the new delayed departure time I got a similar message, can't do it online and see an agent at the airport (which was no problem).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.