Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Use of BA lounge on arrival in LHR?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2023, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Use of BA lounge on arrival in LHR?

Can I access any BA lounge in LHR on arrival from the US? Preferable one with a shower so i can shower and change clothes. Or are you forced directly out of the airport? I’m traveling on AA flight and I’m exec plat. Thanks.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
If your destination is LHR, then no, you cannot access any of the airside lounges. Your choices are either connections (where you'll clear security and show your onward boarding pass) or arrivals, where you'll pass through customs and immigration. If you are connecting, then yes you can use the lounge.

AA has an arrivals lounge in T3 which you may have access to, see this thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...er-thread.html
MarkY123 and MasterPlanner like this.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exe Platinum, AA & Delta Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, United Silver
Thanks. Not connecting, LHR is final destination. I’ll check out the T3 arrival. Thanks.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:20 pm

Hello lrbenko , the AA Arrivals lounge in Terminal 3 has shower suites. If I'm not mistaken, all US AA flights are now arriving in Terminal 3. See https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp and https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges for details.
lrbenko likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkY123
Hello lrbenko , the AA Arrivals lounge in Terminal 3 has shower suites. If I'm not mistaken, all US AA flights are now arriving in Terminal 3. See https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...als-lounge.jsp and https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges for details.
perfect, thank you.
MarkY123 likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 2:07 pm

Programs: AA, BA, NH, TP, FI
Originally Posted by lrbenko
Thanks. Not connecting, LHR is final destination. I’ll check out the T3 arrival. Thanks.
The AA arrivals lounge is very good IMHO, good large showers (much nicer than BA T5 arrivals) and breakfast is also very nice. A good way to freshen up and recover following a overnight flight.
Old May 14, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fatmac70
The AA arrivals lounge is very good IMHO, good large showers (much nicer than BA T5 arrivals) and breakfast is also very nice. A good way to freshen up and recover following a overnight flight.
That's great to hear, thanks. I have confirmed I do land in terminal 3 tomorrow, and this will come in handy. Thanks
MarkY123 likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 3:31 pm

Just a bit of follow up, you have access to the arrivals lounge because of OneWorld Emerald status (or flying business, you didn't say) but there are no guest privileges with the arrivals lounge if you happen to be traveling with someone else.

Enjoy your trip!!
lrbenko likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Just to add on...we fly to LHR about 3x per year and always use the T3 arrivals lounge. Great shower and nice breakfast and comfortable area to relax in. Try the guacamole toast!
MasterPlanner and lrbenko like this.
Old May 14, 2023, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MIAFlyer
Just a bit of follow up, you have access to the arrivals lounge because of OneWorld Emerald status (or flying business, you didn't say) but there are no guest privileges with the arrivals lounge if you happen to be traveling with someone else.

Enjoy your trip!!
Thank you. I’m business, but solo. Good to know for the future.
Old May 14, 2023, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lrbenko
That's great to hear, thanks. I have confirmed I do land in terminal 3 tomorrow, and this will come in handy. Thanks
What time is your flight arriving? The AA Arrivals Lounge closes at 3:30 pm.

Location and hours:

Exit to the right of the Terminal 3 Customs Hall. Take the stairs or lift to Level 2. Daily: 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

James
lrbenko likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The AA arrivals lounge in T3 is just as good, if not better, than the BA one in T5.

I found myself wishing I could go there today when I landed at T3 on the MAD-LHR IB widebody flight as an EP, but alas...
Old May 14, 2023, 7:19 pm

Programs: Frequent AA Flyer
Originally Posted by fatmac70
I completely agree with this. I think it's better than BA's arrival lounge in T5. I've rarely found it crowded, breakfast is pretty good, and plenty of more than adequate showers.
Antarius likes this.
Old May 14, 2023, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
What time is your flight arriving? The AA Arrivals Lounge closes at 3:30 pm.

Location and hours:

Exit to the right of the Terminal 3 Customs Hall. Take the stairs or lift to Level 2. Daily: 6:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.

James
Hopefully at 11am. Should be good to go.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old May 15, 2023, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE: arrived in LHR today on time at 11am. Quickly made it through immigration and customs and easily found the arrivals lounge in terminal 3. Showers were clean, well stocked and nice. They even have a valet service that will iron your clothes while you shower! The only drawback was the ventilation, or lack there of, easily turning your shower room into a steam sauna. The lounge was not crowded and had a nice menu. Thanks again for all the help!

mnhusker, A321T, JY1024 and 7 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.