Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Exec Desk made Promise and Customer Relations says no

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exec Desk made Promise and Customer Relations says no

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:37 pm

Programs: AA, but I play the field
You might try sending a message to AA via Twitter
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:44 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
From what I can see, there is a $85 fee to lodge the claim. Without evidence to support the claim, that would seem to be changing a $35 cost for luggage into a $120 cost and there would seem to be no guarantee that the OP would win ( I would rate the chance of losing as being higher ) - plus of course all the time spent filing the claim and potentially going to court
I’d do it as long as there is clear proof that AA agreed to pay the $35.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
I’d do it as long as there is clear proof that AA agreed to pay the $35.
the OP doesn't seem to have any proof - only asserting that eomeone said so
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:50 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
I can’t imagine spending hours on the phone and writing 50 emails over $35.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:51 pm
Suspended

the OP doesn't seem to have any proof - only asserting that eomeone said so
Discovery in a lawsuit should cough up AA’s records of the call.

OP, in your demand letter, include a litigation hold notice demanding that AA retain all records of the call.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Please don't sue for $35. It's a colossal waste of everyone's time and judicial resources, and we wonder why our court system is bogged down and takes years to get through even straightforward cases. Move on. It's $35.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Please don't sue for $35. It's a colossal waste of everyone's time and judicial resources, and we wonder why our court system is bogged down and takes years to get through even straightforward cases. Move on. It's $35.
Sending a demand letter or a demand for arbitration doesn’t mean a lawsuit. And small claims court cases move quickly.

The request should be to AA: “AA, please don’t have this end up in litigation. Just keep your promise.”
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Sending a demand letter or a demand for arbitration doesn’t mean a lawsuit. And small claims court cases move quickly.

The request should be to AA: “AA, please don’t have this end up in litigation. Just keep your promise.”
He's sent over 50 emails. That has to equate to several hours of time. I appreciate AA might very well be wrong here, but seriously I can't fathom spending any more time on this whatsoever.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 4:12 pm
Suspended

He's sent over 50 emails. That has to equate to several hours of time. I appreciate AA might very well be wrong here, but seriously I can't fathom spending any more time on this whatsoever.
That is a bit much, I’ll certainly agree with you.
Jeannietx, Antarius and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
I still don't understand the "pre-removal". I've never heard of an EXP being involuntarily rebooked unless the original flight was cancelled. It might be helpful if the OP posted the text of the "pre-removal" email.
Originally Posted by DavidStlMo
Same with the original email showing I was pre-removed ...
JJeffrey and Antarius like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 5:42 pm
_fx

Programs: AS 75K, DL Platinum
Whether or not the effort is "worth it" isn't the point. OP has free time, and this is clearly about the principle, not the money.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:03 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Maybe AA went out of their way to approve a United flight for OP, rather than getting him on the next available AA flight due to him being EXP.

AA sees this as an above and beyond gesture, but OP sees this as they still owe him for luggage fees. I believe AA views the luggage fees as being no different than had the OP accrued fees such as purchasing food or upgraded to FC on the flight, even though he would have free luggage as an EXP. Doubt the luggage fees will be reimbursed. AA could have given you the next available AA flight where your EXP benefits applied, but probably would have added significant time to your travels.

Even with principle involved, I don’t think you will see your 35 dollars since you agreed to a UA flight, no matter what the agent told you. Use that time and energy to generate revenue for yourself and family.
LETTERBOY and FAA1996 like this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
the exact reason why small claims exist. Don’t let big companies bully you assuming you have evidence to argue your case. Verbal communication is flimsy at best.
WeekendTraveler likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:46 pm

From what I can see, there is a $85 fee to lodge the claim. Without evidence to support the claim, that would seem to be changing a $35 cost for luggage into a $120 cost and there would seem to be no guarantee that the OP would win ( I would rate the chance of losing as being higher ) - plus of course all the time spent filing the claim and potentially going to court
Aren't the phone calls to AA agents recorded? That would be the evidence.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by glob99
Aren't the phone calls to AA agents recorded? That would be the evidence.
AA will claim that agents aren't able to change policy, so such offers/promises are not binding and AA is not responsible for fulfilling them. IIRC this is in their terms or CoC or something.

Whether this claim is reasonable is another question.

Just file a DOT complaint. At the very least it will cause another set of eyes at AA to see it, thus "reopening" the case that was closed. It's also a lot less work than going back and forth with 50 emails; I would have bailed after about 4.
jordyn, uanj, FAA1996 and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.