Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Award Travel U (busines class) but in T (coach) due to inventory

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC

Yesterday, I secured flights on EY/AA JNB-AUH-JFK-->LGA-CMH. I paid 75k miles (plus taxes/fees) as I could secure the JNB-AUH and LGA-CMH in biz/domestic first respectively. If I find U inventory in the AUH-JFK leg between now and flight departure, can I call to get my seat assignment reassigned to biz (since I already "paid" the 75k miles)? and if so, can chat do it? US reservations? other?

TIA
Jose
Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jlp187
Yesterday, I secured flights on EY/AA JNB-AUH-JFK-->LGA-CMH. I paid 75k miles (plus taxes/fees) as I could secure the JNB-AUH and LGA-CMH in biz/domestic first respectively. If I find U inventory in the AUH-JFK leg between now and flight departure, can I call to get my seat assignment reassigned to biz (since I already "paid" the 75k miles)? and if so, can chat do it? US reservations? other?

TIA
Jose
Yes. Just call or DM them on twitter (chat should be able to but I've never used it for that) and it's easy to have the ticket reissued.
jlp187 likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2023, 9:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, DL GLD, HHonors Diamond, Priority Club PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Yes. Just call or DM them on twitter (chat should be able to but I've never used it for that) and it's easy to have the ticket reissued.
Great, Thank you!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.