Wiki Posts
Search

2 airline booking and upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro
2 airline booking and upgrades

I had to fly pdx-DFW-MEM with PDX DFW being on AS and DFW MEM on AA. I'm PPro and waitlisted for AS for upgrades but not on any list for AA.

My recollection was that I had to book through AS and not AA

What is the best way to get on the upgrade list?
Old Apr 7, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Are you booked under an AA or AS code DFW-MEM? I believe AA complementary upgrades are only valid on AA marketed and operated flights. If you're under an AS code on an AA operated flight, I don't believe it's upgrade eligible.

From the fine print at https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...-upgrades.jsp: "Upgrades on American are valid on American marketed and operated flights, within and between the U.S. (including Hawaii) and between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, Bermuda and Central America (based on availability)."

Edited to add: The AS website is interesting as it shows both flight numbers when making a reservation. I just tried to make a dummy PDX-DFW-MEM reservation. I'm not sure how to tell, unless it's on your receipt, whether it's booked under the AA or AS code.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPro
Interesting. I got receipts from both airlines. and had to check into both AS for first leg and AA.com for second leg both flights are listed as their own carrier and not a code share. . But if I did book through AS, than that makes sense.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by tfizzle
Interesting. I got receipts from both airlines. and had to check into both AS for first leg and AA.com for second leg both flights are listed as their own carrier and not a code share. . But if I did book through AS, than that makes sense.
You got two receipts? That's odd. I could maybe see two credit card charges if this wasn't booked as a PDX-MEM fare but rather two separate fares, but having two receipts is strange if you bought everything from AS. Have you called AA to ask to be added to the list?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.