Wiki Posts
Search

Status boost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2023, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP/MM
Status boost

I'm currently PP, and still eligible for a status boost to ExP. The AA website does not say anything about getting SWUs when I move to the next level. Is that not given with a status boost? If so, I don't see any real value in spending the cash to move up a level. Some of my usual international routes usually are open for SWU usage, which is the only reason I'd consider it.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Pookie1794
I'm currently PP, and still eligible for a status boost to ExP. The AA website does not say anything about getting SWUs when I move to the next level. Is that not given with a status boost? If so, I don't see any real value in spending the cash to move up a level. Some of my usual international routes usually are open for SWU usage, which is the only reason I'd consider it.
With the introduction of Loyalty Points AA stopped giving out SWU's just for making EXP. SWU's are now just a Loyalty Point reward option for reaching certain Loyalty Point thresholds.

With the updates to the award thresholds in the '23-24' qualification year you now need earn 175k LP's to reach the first Loyalty Point reward option that includes the option to select SWU's.

So long winded answer but no, you won't receive SWU's for a status boost or challenge to EXP, you need to earn the 175k LP's.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
With the introduction of Loyalty Points AA stopped giving out SWU's just for making EXP. SWU's are now just a Loyalty Point reward option for reaching certain Loyalty Point thresholds.

With the updates to the award thresholds in the '23-24' qualification year you now need earn 175k LP's to reach the first Loyalty Point reward option that includes the option to select SWU's.

So long winded answer but no, you won't receive SWU's for a status boost or challenge to EXP, you need to earn the 175k LP's.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to grasp, but couldn't figure out what was happening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.