Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Thank You Notes for EXPs on a Recent Flight

Old Mar 1, 2021, 6:14 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Yesterday I flew AA 1344 the 777-200 that operates between MIA and CLT. Despite a full First cabin (and full flight overall that is) the FAs in First came by and thanked each passenger by name and wrote up thank you notes for all the EXPs. It was a really nice touch:

Old Mar 2, 2021, 2:55 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum / Hilton Diamond / MGM Gold
That’s very nice. I’m happy for you. I’ve never received a note before or even a recognition from the crew that I’m an EP. Maybe my next flight in a couple of weeks will be a first.
There was this one instance where I was given a phone number from a flight attendant. Does that count?
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
It's a nice touch. I posted the same a few months ago can't remember but I distinctly remember the flight attendant who was so passionate to provide a service despite all the covid related service cuts.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 9:02 pm

I got one in Y yesterday DFW-DCA. It looked like she had 5 or 6 to pass out.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 2:39 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I never get these on AA or even DL and I’m a very friendly person and very appreciative of FAs
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:42 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I never get these on AA or even DL and I’m a very friendly person and very appreciative of FAs
I wouldn't feel bad. I've only gotten a few of these on AA the past several years. It's literally been a once a year thing or so on average. Perhaps they're making a push to do more of it lately.

In any case, it's a much better gesture than the DL FAs with their tablets going around thanking random passengers for their business, while not saying anything to others seated around those passengers.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I haven't had any notes but I have had a couple of FAs come by and say thanks for flying with AA on recent flights. One was LAS - LAX and the other was DCA - MIA. It was a nice touch.
GunsOfNavarone likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 9:21 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
This is my second on AA in three years of EXP and I have two on Delta in three years of Platinum. They're not very common and I don't think being appreciative or not has much of a factor in it.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 12:30 pm

My cynical guess is that with Plat Pro becoming OWE, they are trying to keep enthusiasm high to reach EXP.
gateH15 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2021, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by ORDflyer92
My cynical guess is that with Plat Pro becoming OWE, they are trying to keep enthusiasm high to reach EXP.
Well, if I do a mileage run to get over the EP line for this and don't get one of these notes I'll be mighty pissed off - I want a smiley face for my thousands of dollars of investment
AANYC1981 and DeepUnderground like this.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
I don't think being appreciative or not has much of a factor in it.
I don't think it's a factor at all. Surely the FAs have already determined in advance whether they're going to give out notes.

Phone numbers, different story.
Old Mar 5, 2021, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Id be curious to know if they can get stacks of the cards in the FA lounge to use. Is it made readily available for FAs and most choose to ignore it or are these just very proactive FAs that go out of their way to make it happen. All in all, a lovely gesture for sure!
Old Mar 5, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA
Never received one of these thank you notes. Been exp for many years and fly easily 70-80 segments per year with a lot of transpac.

Always get the little thank you card on Cathay Pacific
when flying in the front of the bus. Never got a phone number, though. I actually appreciate these notes - a touch of civility in a very uncivil world
Old Mar 6, 2021, 12:40 am

The cards are readily available to crews in our operations. I started a thread about this in the past, when I write cards to my entire FC cabin, and see most on the floor, it makes us ask why we even go to the effort. Not as many as you appreciate our efforts.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 7:54 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by skylady
The cards are readily available to crews in our operations. I started a thread about this in the past, when I write cards to my entire FC cabin, and see most on the floor, it makes us ask why we even go to the effort. Not as many as you appreciate our efforts.
Could FAs potentially benefit in any material way from passengers sending positive compliments to AA about nice gestures like this one?

For example, if an FA did this frequently, and enough passengers submitted positive feedback to AA, would the recognition be worth anything, or is the FA world so seniority-driven that compliments don’t really help with career advancement?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.