Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Same day flight change - JFK instead of LGA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Same day flight change - JFK instead of LGA?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976

AA, DL, and Flair currently fly YYZ-JFK; and AC is due to start service at the end of March.
yeah I know DL do but wants to gain some segment on AC..

and the trip is before end of march.. but yeah u r right!
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by davidlin15

Also, note that you have posted in the American Airlines/AAdvantage forum. There is a separate forum for Air Canada/Aeroplan.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 10:41 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
Also, note that you have posted in the American Airlines/AAdvantage forum. There is a separate forum for Air Canada/Aeroplan.

noted, my bad!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by flying_geek
She lands JFK 9am and the ticketed LGA flight is at 1pm. So time wise very doable
I live midway between JFK and LGA. A few comments

a. you mentioned a shuttle in an earlier post. It appears to be no longer running. The shuttles were never very popular and since Covid, they haven't returned.

b. There is major construction on the route (Van Wyke Expressway) between the two airports. It can easily taken an hour or more to get from one to the other. ( by taxi)

I do not know if it is a doable as your feel. --and don't forget winter weather!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 4:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by awayIgo
I live midway between JFK and LGA. A few comments

a. you mentioned a shuttle in an earlier post. It appears to be no longer running. The shuttles were never very popular and since Covid, they haven't returned.

b. There is major construction on the route (Van Wyke Expressway) between the two airports. It can easily taken an hour or more to get from one to the other. ( by taxi)

I do not know if it is a doable as your feel. --and don't forget winter weather!
Well, there are shuttles that take credit cards and allow you to reserve space - I would assume they actually run. There are of course several LGA-MIA flights - and I think even a decent lounge in LGA - - so even if she missed the 1pm she should be OK. That said - 4 hours is really not that bad. Will report how it works out...
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:35 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by davidlin15

AC flies around half a dozen (maybe more?) daily flights between YYZ and LGA.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Well, JAL 8006 is now at least 70 min delayed on departure. Any idea at what point that "connection" through LGA would become IIROPS and would it be JAL or AA (AA award) that would deal with that? Still hoping for a (free) way to get her on a JFK-MIA.

Is there such a thing like EU261 in Japan?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, JAL 8006 is now at least 70 min delayed on departure. Any idea at what point that "connection" through LGA would become IIROPS and would it be JAL or AA (AA award) that would deal with that? Still hoping for a (free) way to get her on a JFK-MIA.

Is there such a thing like EU261 in Japan?
If AA believes that she will likely misconnect, it is possible that AA will automatically rebook her -- either on a JFK-MIA flight, or a later LGA-MIA.

It is possible that JL will make up some time en-route to JFK. If the flight is delayed much more, she could ask JL to re-route her before departure from Tokyo.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

well, they just announced another hour delay - so it's 130 min delayed now. AA claims that they don't see a delay and JAL claims they can't change an award ticket which sounds questionable. JAL is talking to AA now - we'll see what they come up with
Old Jan 24, 2023, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

well, they just announced another hour delay - so it's 130 min delayed now. AA claims that they don't see a delay and JAL claims they can't change an award ticket which sounds questionable. JAL is talking to AA now - we'll see what they come up with
On day of travel, the ticket -- even an award ticket -- goes to "airport control," so JL should be able to change it. Judicious use of the phrase, "airport control," in discussions with JL might prove useful.
Makanmata and donotblink like this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

That was my understanding as well. They claim that she is on the JFK-MIA flight at 1:30 now
guv1976 and Gerbs like this.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

She is on the 1:30 PM from JFK to MIA now. No idea why they wouldn't put her on the 12:55 - but since it is Y now I assume she can work on that when she gets to JFK
Old Jan 24, 2023, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
She is on the 1:30 PM from JFK to MIA now. No idea why they wouldn't put her on the 12:55 - but since it is Y now I assume she can work on that when she gets to JFK
And the 12:55pm is wide open on a 77W so seems likely she can get on, although I suppose if no U space is open she will be stuck in Y, since she doesn't get upgrades on awards as a Plat... but at least there are some PE seats sold as Y on that bird.
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
And the 12:55pm is wide open on a 77W so seems likely she can get on, although I suppose if no U space is open she will be stuck in Y, since she doesn't get upgrades on awards as a Plat... but at least there are some PE seats sold as Y on that bird.
yes, but it's invol reroute, so I meant actual Y (vs meaning eco) - so I think we are past the U inventory issue

Now that I reread your post - yes, she will be in Y - sorry
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
yes, but it's invol reroute, so I meant actual Y (vs meaning eco) - so I think we are past the U inventory issue

Now that I reread your post - yes, she will be in Y - sorry
I think the olden days of being rebooked into revenue Y are behind us but maybe not since JAL did the rebooking? That would be a nice win if she ended up clearing into J on the 77W (there's even a seat open in the F-sold-as-J cabin still).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.