Wiki Posts
Search

AA/BA/AY move CDG ops to 2B

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2023, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
AA/BA/AY move CDG ops to 2B

Beginning in early December 2022, France’s Charles De Gaulle (CDG) airport authorities are closing Terminal 2AC for 18 months due to a baggage system renovation. As a result, our Atlantic Joint Business partners will be moving to CDG’s Terminal 2B for this 18 months period. British Airways (BA) and Finnair (AY) will move to CDG’s Terminal 2B first, between 1-10 December 2022. American Airlines will follow, moving to Terminal 2B between 9-13 January 2023.
Source: US Tourism Office France

Also the Admirals Club page now lists the CDG AC as closed pending the renovations. Those ticketed in premium cabins or having OW Sapphire or Emerald status are allowed to use a third-party lounge. The photos of it look small, so I’ll report on Tuesday about the experience.

I’ll note that we arrived through 2B last Thursday and it was gleaming, so perhaps the wait will be worth it.
zip10001, sj-flyer and lalala like this.
Old Jan 17, 2023, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, Hyatt
The lounge was actually quite nice. The photos don’t do it justice. While I wouldn’t have picked the decor myself, the layout offers a cozy feeling, especially in the first and third rooms (the middle room is much more open feeling). The staff was very nice and the breakfast buffet was plentiful, with both Continental and British/American menu options.

Also, the duty-free shopping was nice, and the fact that American travelers can now use the automated immigration gates should speed that process along.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.