Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bride- to- be wants AA non-stop ORD- SJD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Bride- to- be wants AA non-stop ORD- SJD

Flying to Cabo at the end of October for our wedding, 30-40 people going from ORD to SJD between two days. Typically American has non-stop options throughout the week but they only have 1+ stop options open. Initial bucket of flights were released last month

Anyone know if American is pulling back on non stops to SJD from ORD? United flights are super expensive comparatively so this was the ideal option

20 people going 10/25- 10/30

15 people going 10/26- 10/30

Last edited by abijohnson13; Jan 11, 2023 at 10:01 am Reason: Date changes
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
It appears AA isn't operating nonstops that week, from what I can see. It looks like the AA nonstop resumes 11/5/2023.
Boraxo and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Thoughts if they will add? They typically will do non-stops during this time of year. Would be nice if I could do a group travel request for half a plane of people they'd add a route
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:57 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by abijohnson13
Thoughts if they will add? They typically will do non-stops during this time of year. Would be nice if I could do a group travel request for half a plane of people they'd add a route
I haven't done the math, but if the non-stop is a requirement, chartering a plane could be an option that's reasonably priced.
_kurt and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: AC, AA, TK, OW Emerald
https://charters.aa.com/
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
It's anyone's guess at this point. October is a long ways away. I wouldn't expect to see schedules finalized for another few months.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, American Executive Platinum, Delta Gold Medallion
I would suggest changing the wedding week. Enjoy!
DeacDiggler, FAA1996 and Ned13 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:27 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
Flying to Cabo at the end of October for our wedding, 30-40 people going from ORD to SJD between two days. Typically American has non-stop options throughout the week but they only have 1+ stop options open. Initial bucket of flights were released last month

Anyone know if American is pulling back on non stops to SJD from ORD? United flights are super expensive comparatively so this was the ideal option

20 people going 10/25- 10/30

15 people going 10/26- 10/30
Also, contact AA Group and Meeting Reservation rather than looking fares on AA.com.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, United Silver, National Exec
Originally Posted by AlwaysAisle
Also, contact AA Group and Meeting Reservation rather than looking fares on AA.com.
FWIW, a few years ago we took our employees and significant others on a trip to Las Vegas. We had about 60-70 people. In our experience it was far cheaper to book early--a couple of seats at a time, working our way up the fare buckets until we had everyone ticketed. The per person group fare was very high relative to the lowest cost tickets. Personally, I would not wait months to book, as ticket prices will likely rise as flights begin filling up. YMMV.
trooper and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by flyupfront
FWIW, a few years ago we took our employees and significant others on a trip to Las Vegas. We had about 60-70 people. In our experience it was far cheaper to book early--a couple of seats at a time, working our way up the fare buckets until we had everyone ticketed. The per person group fare was very high relative to the lowest cost tickets. Personally, I would not wait months to book, as ticket prices will likely rise as flights begin filling up. YMMV.
Alternatively, you could have a Zoom party where everyone clicks 'buy' simultaneously

I'm mostly joking, but in all seriousness UA and AA do honor the price during the checkout process for revenue tickets even if the inventory is gone by the time you buy (as long as your session hasn't expired).
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:34 am

Thoughts if they will add?
I will get out my crystal ball and ask it
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
I'd recommend booking whatever works best that is for sale now. If, in the future, they add the non-stop back for the dates you want, then just change your flights since there are no more change fees (assuming you don't book basic economy).
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
WN operates seasonal MDW-SJD nonstops. I don't know whether those flights operate in October (WN's flight schedule does not yet go out that far), or what the frequency is, but WN might be another option.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 12:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by guv1976
WN operates seasonal MDW-SJD nonstops. I don't know whether those flights operate in October (WN's flight schedule does not yet go out that far), or what the frequency is, but WN might be another option.
Cabo's high season is December-April. I wouldn't expect a seasonal nonstop in October from WN or AA.

To the OP, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.
Boraxo likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 1:07 pm
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
This is the AA forum, and the OP has asked about question about AA route availability. This is not the place to discuss the merits of destination weddings; therefore, off-topic posts have been removed.

Please stay on topic. If you have thoughts to share on the topic at hand, please chime in! Otherwise, please feel free to ignore this thread. /Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.