Community
Wiki Posts
Search

International First - AA vs BA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Your choice of where to have a shower depends very much on which terminal your next flights departs from and how long you have between them
aztimm likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Had no idea, sorry. I can almost assure I’m not the first person to call BA F that on FlyerTalk.
Yes, you are right and I've certainly that term used in that context as well so I understand. I guess that since AA just recently released the "Business Plus" product/fare, that is just what is latched in my head right now so that was where my mind went when reading your post.

Regards
ijgordon likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Your choice of where to have a shower depends very much on which terminal your next flights departs from and how long you have between them
97% chance it’s T5 to T5.
Old Oct 17, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by Antarius
On AA, I'd argue that the seat is worse. It rocks slightly on the swivel which makes it like sitting on an uneven chair/bed.

Given that AA's best J product by far is on the 77W, I'd take that for a good night's sleep 10 times out of 10 over F. On a recent trip, round trip J was 110k miles and F was 112k. My gf and I chose J.
Better pre-flight dining, yes. But you can possibly buy FFD access or eat elsewhere vastly superior for less than the cost differential.
No Post Covid F experience hon my part
but the J seat (if in good shape) on AAs 77W is so much better than any other J seat on either airline, old or new, doors or no doors.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 4:20 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by ryanbriar
The soup course…duh!

For me, it is worth an SWU or a reasonable up-fare amount for the extra space, FFD, less competition for the lav and typically more tailored service. The web special fares at 78k etc. make it a no brainer too.
If you fly F just for the soup, fly CZ J then, they also cater soup pre-pandemic regularly.

Originally Posted by carlosdca
What I've read and said in the past is that BA F is "one of the best business class product out there".
I disagree with China Southern's "sky pearl" first-class onboard A380 and formerly 77Ws aka Platinum suites, they literally cater the same food(although sometimes a 4th choice but nothing special) &wine menu, same lounge access policy and even the same plating, you don't even get priority check-in/security to the premium wing facility formerly in PEK T1 compared to average J pax. The only thing that you get is a better seat really and occasionally a turn-down service on a 3hr domestic flight but that's it.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:04 am

[QUOTE= the last crew on my AA F flight was uncaring and nasty.
Sorry not to provide you with the definitive answer![/QUOTE]

That is enough of an answer. We Flew JFK to LHR on AA first in May. Flagship check-in was a work in process. I had to ask for PJ's as they weren't offered. There were two attendants in First for 8 people. I had to ask for some water 6 yes 6! SIX times over 45 minutes to get water - even hit the call button. Finally, I reached the male attendant on my wife's side and he brought me some. AA needs to up their game with the flight attendants and make it easy to rate them like uber. Then get rid of the old lazy ones who should never be serving anyone let alone FF or Business class or put them on flights like DFW-AUS or IAH where they might manage some effort for 20 minutes of service.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by BlooJoo
BA tries in F, and every once in a while, succeeds.
AA doesn't try.
You decide.
Originally Posted by Blumie
That's absurd. You may prefer BA, but it's ridiculous to say that "AA doesn't try." I have flown BA a lot more than AA, but I've also flown AA a fair bit (including DFW-LHR in F this past week), and I've never had a bad experience with AA. Once, about 25 years ago, the only passengers in F -- I think it was LHR-JFK -- were my girlfriend and me, and the AA CEO and his wife, and the crew spent too much time kissing up to the CEO. That's the one thing I can think of in 30+ years of flying AA.
You don't need to call BlooJoo's opinion absurd. It is a valid opinion and calling it absurd doesn't make yours right.

On the other hand you say that you "never had a bad experience with AA" (in F I assume). Well, good for you.

I don't entirely agree that AA doesn't try at all but I have never had a GOOD experience with AA in F. Sometimes ok? Yes. Other times dreadful? For sure.

Last edited by carlosdca; Oct 18, 2022 at 11:03 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.