Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Time required for redemption ticket to be issued

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2022, 3:55 am
Original Poster

This must be a very basic question. For those who don't have a US credit card who try to issue a redemption ticket, we have to put the ticket on hold and then call American Advantage and give the credit card info to the customer service agent. I was told that it takes 24 to 48 hours for the ticket to be issued. True ?
Old Sep 28, 2022, 4:12 am

Programs: NZ
Yes, in my experience it takes 2 or 3 days for the ticket to be issued after calling in with credit card details.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 8:56 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
It seems faster lately in general for tickets to be issued, but in the case of a foreign credit card just keep checking you rez for the status to be updated to 'ticketed'. It's also when you receive a final confirmation email.
Old Sep 28, 2022, 12:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Originally Posted by zhaobao
This must be a very basic question. For those who don't have a US credit card who try to issue a redemption ticket, we have to put the ticket on hold and then call American Advantage and give the credit card info to the customer service agent. I was told that it takes 24 to 48 hours for the ticket to be issued. True ?
What country? I've had no problem issuing an award using my Mexico based account and my Mexican credit card directly on the site. No calling required, but it took 2-3 days to issue.
Old Sep 29, 2022, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Took 12 hours. But now the issue of AA not having the right (or any) baggage allowance stated on the ticket, and now Qatar Airways says that I have no luggage allowance. Kept going back and forth between the two airlines - AA says they put in a note, QR says they don't see the note... What else is there to do ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.