Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pay to Upgrade Timing

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 4:52 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by carlosdca
At 6' myself, I'd be happy of just enjoying PE and not having spent $900 for what is still a half night sleep (7hrs - taxi time - announcements - meal service - landing/take off = 5 hrs of sleep at most)

LAX-Europe at 10hr+ ?...maybe I'd consider pulling the trigger at $900. PHL-LIS (a relatively short flight)? No.

Maybe at $500 or less. And everything is possible. Nobody here has a crystal ball here to tell you whether the offer will drop to $500. IMO, they won't as $900 is already a discount compared to the original $1800.

YMMV
same. My offer for Phl-dub goes from $900-$1200 every few days. DUB and LIS are short enough I’m very happy in PE.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carlosdca
At 6' myself, I'd be happy of just enjoying PE and not having spent $900 for what is still a half night sleep (7hrs - taxi time - announcements - meal service - landing/take off = 5 hrs of sleep at most)

LAX-Europe at 10hr+ ?...maybe I'd consider pulling the trigger at $900. PHL-LIS (a relatively short flight)? No.

Maybe at $500 or less. And everything is possible. Nobody here has a crystal ball here to tell you whether the offer will drop to $500. IMO, they won't as $900 is already a discount compared to the original $1800.

YMMV
Very reasoned analysis! That makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:33 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
As there are only 6 seats left to sell at this point, ~6 weeks out, they will very likely dwindle down to 0 and the $900 offer will be gone, baby, gone. It's a tough one. I'd probably stay in PE versus spending another $1800. If you have 50k points and $700 you could set an EF alert in case they open C inventory for 2 upgrades. Instead of $1800 it would cost you $700 plus whatever you value 50K points. You can call and waitlist for this option.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 4:27 am

Programs: UA, JB, AA, DL
Keep PE, it will be comfy and nice.
amira11 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.