Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

E75-Embraer 175 flight from JAX to MIA - boarding process

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Does anyone know if the flights on the E75-Embraer 175 from JAX to MIA are flights that you have to board on the tarmac? My sister uses a walker and wanted to know if she will have to climb stairs to get into the plane? Thanks for any info.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Sorry no knowledge about boarding at JAX (it varies by airport). At MIA, she may or may not disembark on the tarmac as some regional jet flights get jetbridges but many end up at E60. But instead of stairs it would be a ramp. If she uses a walker, I recommend requesting wheelchair assistance as the gates used by the regional jets (including the E75) are quite far from the exits at MIA and can be quite the slog even if you aren't using a walker.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
D60 seems to be the universally used gate for E75s out of JAX to MIA. D60E and D60L seem to be the most common gates.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: National - Exec, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Plat, Delta - Gold, AA - Plat
It is indeed a smooth gate/jetbridge entry. VERY rarely do they use the stairs for an E175. Even if they do, they have handicap-accessible ramps that can be used with a specialized wheelchair at the airport. You'll want to check in with the gate agent anyways, just to make sure they use the narrow aircraft-capable wheelchair to get her to her seat. Either way, you should be well taken care of!

Leighjohnwi
Old Jun 22, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriot Gold
No, she will board using a Jet Bridge at JAX now deplaning may be another story at MIA. Make sure you request a wheelchair for her and she should be fine.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.