Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue with free checked bags

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 4:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HungryNomad
I've also been experiencing this as of late. I was told it was because I was using my Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan # tied to my AA flight. I thought it didn't matter as long as I was the primary card holder and it was an AA flight. My card is the Citi Executive Card - Admirals Club
Isn't the card linked to AA through the AAdvantage #? How would AA know otherwise that you're a card holder?
_kurt likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by HungryNomad
I've also been experiencing this as of late. I was told it was because I was using my Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan # tied to my AA flight. I thought it didn't matter as long as I was the primary card holder and it was an AA flight. My card is the Citi Executive Card - Admirals Club
To get the benefits of the card, including the baggage benefit, your AA # has to be in your reservation at least 7 days before the flight. If you were using your MP # then that's why you aren't getting the benefit.
_kurt likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by enoscabell
I figured out the charge. I realized there was a ticket number on the credit card statement, and when I looked up the number, the description listed is "priority." Considering my wife and daughter were both boarding group 5 on the flight out and boarding group 5 on the return home yesterday (when there was no priority fee charged to the credit card), I have to assume American will refund these charges. We shall see...
Paying for priority gives you Group 4 boarding, over the Group 5 you get by holding the credit card. Not much benefit IMO. It also gives you access to the priority line at security. That can occasionally be worth it depending on the length of the line.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by _kurt
Paying for priority gives you Group 4 boarding, over the Group 5 you get by holding the credit card. Not much benefit IMO. It also gives you access to the priority line at security. That can occasionally be worth it depending on the length of the line.
My wife and daughter didn't even end up with Group 4, their boarding pass shows Group 5. However, the refund for these charges already came through, so all is settled.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I've got one for this group. We were running late today and I dropped my wife and kids at curbside check-in so I could go park the car. Besides the fact that I am gold and get free bags that way, both my wife and I have our own AA credit cards. We are all on the same PNR. She didn't realize the bags were supposed to be free and paid the curbside guy not only the convenience fee, but also a checked bag fee. This isn't AA directly. The contract this service out to Bags, Inc. which is now opened by SP Plus whoever they are.

I sent an email to these guys but curious if anyone else has had experience with this and can advise on how to proceed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.