Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reservation stuck in "Your flight changed" mode?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver

I booked a July domestic trip about 5 months ago, and it has had two schedule changes since then. The most recent schedule change was mid-April. When the April change happened I called AA to get everything sorted, however, after the call the on-line reservation still showed the "Your flight changed" alert. I called AA again a few days later and they said they would take care of it, however, the alert never went away. I called again a few weeks later and they again stated that everything was fine and they would take care of it. Still the alert remains.

I'm concerned because this same issue happened with another domestic trip I just took which had some issues. Based on a number of factors I strongly suspect (though I can't absolutely prove) that the complimentary upgrade process was broken for that trip. Also, the airport kiosk tried to charge me for 2 checked bags when I checked in. Something was definitely odd.

Anyone else have experience with the "Your flight changed" notification not clearing? Suggestions?
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:22 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
I've had an alert for an August Europe trip. "Your flight changed. Please check back soon for details". It's said that for 2 months. AA still shows original timings, as does EF. I'll cal in July if it's still showing that message to make sure I'm not missing anything, but it's not a flight that's been canceled or likely to be canceled.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Gold, AF apologist
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I booked a July domestic trip about 5 months ago, and it has had two schedule changes since then. The most recent schedule change was mid-April. When the April change happened I called AA to get everything sorted, however, after the call the on-line reservation still showed the "Your flight changed" alert. I called AA again a few days later and they said they would take care of it, however, the alert never went away. I called again a few weeks later and they again stated that everything was fine and they would take care of it. Still the alert remains.

I'm concerned because this same issue happened with another domestic trip I just took which had some issues. Based on a number of factors I strongly suspect (though I can't absolutely prove) that the complimentary upgrade process was broken for that trip. Also, the airport kiosk tried to charge me for 2 checked bags when I checked in. Something was definitely odd.

Anyone else have experience with the "Your flight changed" notification not clearing? Suggestions?
I had a NYC-GRU-MVD that I bought months earlier that changed, changed, and changed again (no surprise). I had to get a few things fixed a couple of times with customer service, but the "Your flight changed" message never disappeared. I just ignored it and had no issues with my trip.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
This “your flight changed” trap has happened to me several times recently, and subsequently you can’t do much with the trip online like make changes. I just tweet or call AA and tell them it looks like the reservation and ticket seem to be not in sync from a schedule change. Annoying, but that’s always fixed it for me.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 9:05 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Just send a direct message to AA Twitter to have them clean up the record.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 8:19 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer

yes. One of my flights changed departure time for 10 minutes. Phone call waits were over three hours but two weeks later it disappeared in the app. Try refreshing the app swipe down

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.