Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

First Class Dining at JFK After Long Connection from LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First Class Dining at JFK After Long Connection from LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2022, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Exp., AC 75k, A3 Silver, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You don't get lounge access by virtue of your international flight given that the next flight is the following day
This is the official policy, but I've always been granted Flagship access on next-day domestic flights part of the same reservation. They might get lucky with FFD as well.
JJeffrey likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jackjennings
This is the official policy, but I've always been granted Flagship access on next-day domestic flights part of the same reservation. They might get lucky with FFD as well.
Same here, and also the day before (and my next day qualifying flight was not before 6am).
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
It really is rather odd rule since it is ticketed as a connecting flight, but AA being AA . . .
It's not really odd and not really AA - OW lounge rules are same day or before 6amn the following day in the case of accessing a lounge after a qualifiying flight.

As others said, you can ask and may or may not be lucky, but the rule is standard and does not work in your favour.

Last edited by orbitmic; Jun 7, 2022 at 1:03 am
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by orbitmic
As others said, you can ask and may or may not be lucky, but the rule is standard and does not work in your favour.
And don't even "ask" otherwise you're setting yourself up for failure .

Rather walk into the FL, hand them your boarding pass, mutter something about coming in from London, and let the agent tell you where to go.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.