Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

First Class Dining at JFK After Long Connection from LHR

Old Jun 6, 2022, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond

Flying LHR-xJFK-oLAS. Both flights on one PNR and JFK is a connection, although overnight and more than 12-hours after arrival from LHR.

I know I can use the Concorde Room at LHR.

Since I am connecting at JFK, will I be able to use First Class Dining at JFK the next day?
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You don't get lounge access by virtue of your international flight given that the next flight is the following day

Do you have status that will enable lounge access - you won't be entitled to the dining
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
You don't get lounge access by virtue of your international flight given that the next flight is the following day

Do you have status that will enable lounge access - you won't be entitled to the dining
Platinum Pro, but if they consider the flight the next day an independent domestic flight, that won't help me much.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

AA status will not get you access to the AA lounge; if you want lounge acces at JFK, I would suggest changing the onward flight to be on same day as the international flight
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 2:38 am
Original Poster

It's an award ticket. It was the only routing and schedule available.

Difficult because AA only has one flight a day between Vegas and JFK.

I can live without lounge access. I just won't get to the airport early.

Thx.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:01 am

Is the JFK-LAS flight departing before 6 AM?

*Departing flight must be marketed and operated by American on the same day (or before 6 a.m. the following day). Customers traveling on airline industry non-revenue tickets are not eligible for access.

Originally Posted by Always Flyin
It's an award ticket. It was the only routing and schedule available.

Difficult because AA only has one flight a day between Vegas and JFK.

I can live without lounge access. I just won't get to the airport early.

Thx.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
For what its worth - there was a recent report on the BA board that someone was able to access FFD the following day following an inbound BA F flight. (Two unicorns with the following day access and BA F inbound.)

Agree with everyone else that the rules are clear that you cannot access, but you never know
Old Jun 6, 2022, 6:08 am

A Single Visit Pass is available for purchase for $150 or 15,000 AAdvantage miles. No judgement on whether it's worth it.
ceebee100 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarkY123
Is the JFK-LAS flight departing before 6 AM?
No. 17:45 the next day. It's about a 22-hour connection.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), Aeroplan 75K
A Single Visit Pass is available for purchase for $150 or 15,000 AAdvantage miles. No judgement on whether it's worth it.
Depends how much LPGS and Blue Label etc. you can consume, assuming both are actually in stock
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by ryanbriar
Depends how much LPGS and Blue Label etc. you can consume, assuming both are actually in stock
I believe the single visit pass is for Flagship Lounge access only (not FFD) - so, unfortunately, no LPGS or Blue Label. AA has offered FFD passes in the past for $100-$150/person, but only for those who already had Flagship Lounge access (which the OP likely will not have).

-FlyerBeek
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It's not.
ryanbriar and Always Flyin like this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 10:56 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Always Flyin
No. 17:45 the next day. It's about a 22-hour connection.
Does this mean you land at 745pm the prior night? Sound like the late LHR flight. I guess you could keep checking for availability on an earlier LHR flight *AND* the 545pm LAS flight. Or, is there a jet blue flight you can grab? I know it wouldn't give FFD but at least you'd get to Vegas a day earlier....
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I believe the single visit pass is for Flagship Lounge access only (not FFD) - so, unfortunately, no LPGS or Blue Label. AA has offered FFD passes in the past for $100-$150/person, but only for those who already had Flagship Lounge access (which the OP likely will not have).

-FlyerBeek
Thank you, @FlyerBeek, for pointing that out - I meant to edit my post to qualify FF vs. FFD but had to step away for a bit.
ryanbriar likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2022, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PHL
Does this mean you land at 745pm the prior night? Sound like the late LHR flight. I guess you could keep checking for availability on an earlier LHR flight *AND* the 545pm LAS flight. Or, is there a jet blue flight you can grab? I know it wouldn't give FFD but at least you'd get to Vegas a day earlier....
There is actually one flight even later. I don't mind the overnight in New York.

I was just hoping I could use the First Dining the next afternoon, but suspected the answer.

It really is rather odd rule since it is ticketed as a connecting flight, but AA being AA . . .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.