Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Moving across cabins on international flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond

On a 77W international flight, can you cross from F to J?

I know you cannot cross into main cabin, but wondering if the same restriction applies between F and J.

Thank you.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Enterprise PLT, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
On a 77W international flight, can you cross from F to J?

I know you cannot cross into main cabin, but wondering if the same restriction applies between F and J.

Thank you.
Technically I believe it does, however in my past experiences the crew hasn't said anything. A few times a GF of mine was in Flagship, and I J, and nobody said a word if I visited and sat next to her for a little bit.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:30 pm

You absolutely must ask that lead flight attendant/steward and if you ask nicely you will be allowed. Also you for sure want the F cabin passenger do the ask and not the J cabin.
Danwriter likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I guess I'm confused. If by cross you mean walk, I should think you can walk the whole plane. People certainly do it for exercise. You're not supposed to sit down or use the lav in the wrong cabin. Did you mean something else by "cross"???
Old May 7, 2022, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
I guess I'm confused. If by cross you mean walk, I should think you can walk the whole plane. People certainly do it for exercise. You're not supposed to sit down or use the lav in the wrong cabin. Did you mean something else by "cross"???
I will be in F and my niece with her infant in J and I want to be able to go and see them. Thanks.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
I will be in F and my niece with her infant in J and I want to be able to go and see them. Thanks.
That should be no problem. I wouldn't even ask.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:08 pm
Formerly doc4science

Programs: United Airlines Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Actually, my understanding is that AA's policy on domestic and EX-US flights is that you can use the lav in any cabin. I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure that is their official policy. On flights to the US you must use the lav in your ticketed cabin. As such, I would assume they wouldn't care if you walked to a lower cabin on a flight out of the US.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage (Platinum)
Practically speaking I’d agree with the F passenger asking to cross into J. A lot of FAs are sensitive about pax who try to migrate into a better cabin. Having said that, on the 77W the J FAs aren’t likely to notice someone crossing the curtain between F and the mini J cabin (unless they’re in the mini cabin, in which case they may ask for your row or cabin assignment).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.