Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid Code Share Flight Ticketed in AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2022, 7:24 am

Programs: Everyone!
Hijacking thread with my own question on this topic

Historically I found booking a code-share to normally be more pricey and not useful.....but I'm looking at a Finnair flight now that costs the exact same on AA. However, the cancel/ change policies are different........AA allows all flights to be cancelled and have travel credit for a year from booking.....whereas Finnair permits unlimited changes until 31 May and one single change after 31 May but the change must be a rebook (they don't give blanket credit).

In this case, I am really tempted to go AA for the additional flexibility in these COVID and regional war times.

Anyone had issues with getting AA credit for cancelling a code-share?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 10:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Sshelton839
The ticket was sold by AA on their ticket stock. Myself and other passengers asked BA to sell us a new tickets for the same LIS-LHR flight but they refused saying the flight was full. We said sell us the same seats and they said “it doesn’t work that way” and refused. So our only choice was to buy a new ticket on another flight. I primarily think this is BA’s fault but expected AA to take responsibility since we paid them fir the round trip flight.
If there was a ticketing issue, that would almost certainly be AA's fault.

Before buying new tickets, did you contact AA and ask it to fix the issue?
Old Apr 23, 2022, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PGHflyer
Hijacking thread with my own question on this topic

Historically I found booking a code-share to normally be more pricey and not useful.....but I'm looking at a Finnair flight now that costs the exact same on AA. However, the cancel/ change policies are different........AA allows all flights to be cancelled and have travel credit for a year from booking.....whereas Finnair permits unlimited changes until 31 May and one single change after 31 May but the change must be a rebook (they don't give blanket credit).

In this case, I am really tempted to go AA for the additional flexibility in these COVID and regional war times.

Anyone had issues with getting AA credit for cancelling a code-share?
If you can't travel due to war I'm sure that you will have no problem getting a full refund. If not from the airline, from your credit card or the travel insurance that they provide.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 3:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
If you can't travel due to war I'm sure that you will have no problem getting a full refund. If not from the airline, from your credit card or the travel insurance that they provide.
Be careful if relying on travel insurance for that - my current plans both list "War (declared or undeclared) or acts of war" as general exclusions.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 4:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA: CK
Something very big is missing from this story.
Antarius and DC9 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Most likely. But possibly not. Things like this do happen, and some agents deal with it well, while others will just tell you to go talk to someone else.
Old Apr 23, 2022, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BlooJoo
Certainly need more details. Which the OP has been asked for, but not given.

OP has not logged in since post 13. Doubt he/she will return
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/memb...helton839.html
DC9 likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2022, 4:30 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Hit and run...
Deckter likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.